My friend has a 8830 from Sprint. She dropped it and now the USB port is busted. She can't charge it through the port and the cradle charger doesn't work either. Is there a way for her to get her contacts off the BB and on to her comp through bluetooth? or maybe a way to email her contact list? Thanks in advance for any info.
    04-29-08 10:21 PM
    I don't believe you can bluetooth contacts from one phone to another. Does she still have the phone that she had prior to the BB. You can always take the contacts off that phone. Also you might be able to sync via BT, but my old school laptop doesn't have BT so I've never tried.
    04-29-08 10:28 PM
    My friend has a 8830 from Sprint. She dropped it and now the USB port is busted. She can't charge it through the port and the cradle charger doesn't work either. Is there a way for her to get her contacts off the BB and on to her comp through bluetooth? or maybe a way to email her contact list? Thanks in advance for any info.
    Does she have insurance? Mine broke a few weeks ago and it was replaced and the sim card just switched to the new phone.
    04-29-08 10:46 PM
    Does she have insurance? Mine broke a few weeks ago and it was replaced and the sim card just switched to the new phone.
    While the 8830 has a SIM slot, most people don't back up their contacts to the SIM card. If she didn't back it up, I highly doubt she saved the contacts to SIM. CDMA phones don't have SIM cards so they always save contacts to the device first, and if they are a World Edition such as the 8830 you have to manually save them to the SIM.
    04-29-08 10:54 PM
    My bad, he said it was a Sprint phone. Didn't catch that.
    04-29-08 11:04 PM
    see settings in desktop manager and enable bluetooth syncing. mine now does it automatically when i get close to my pc.

sprint will fix your/her broken BB or replace it if she/you have the $4 protection. if you don't have it, add it and then take it to the store. seriously. they don't care.

sim carding is a waste of time.
    04-29-08 11:11 PM
    thanks for all the replies. she got a new phone and her friend who has most of the same contacts just sent the list over via BB messenger.
    04-30-08 09:26 AM
    thanks for all the replies. she got a new phone and her friend who has most of the same contacts just sent the list over via BB messenger.
    Good to hear that she got it fixed, we don't like frustrated BB users!

I didn't even think about BB Messenger.
    04-30-08 09:36 AM
    I have a BB 8830WE also with the usb port broken, but I fixed mine. You can transfer the entire address book via bluetooth to your computer or another phone. It is in the Full menu for bluetooth.
    Bob
    05-01-08 11:48 PM
    I have a BB 8830WE also with the usb port broken, but I fixed mine. You can transfer the entire address book via bluetooth to your computer or another phone. It is in the Full menu for bluetooth.
    Bob
    how did you fix your usb port
    07-02-08 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD