I am an alltel sales rep and i am telling you I had the the Palm 700w, The Moto Q and this is my first Blackberry. I have been very pleased with what Blackberry has to offer much better then some of the other devices we havre to offer. But sorry here is my question Does anyone know if you can change the trackball lighting on the 8830? If so please let me know how to dc oit, and another where can I go to get some kicking themes for it?
    09-19-07 09:50 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Someone else posted that you go to options: screen/keyboard and then turn off automatic backlight. I did that and it does not work on my device. They also suggested that the theme could have something to do with it, but I've tried a couple and it d/n seem to matter...
    09-21-07 04:54 PM
    I am an alltel sales rep and i am telling you I had the the Palm 700w, The Moto Q and this is my first Blackberry. I have been very pleased with what Blackberry has to offer much better then some of the other devices we havre to offer. But sorry here is my question Does anyone know if you can change the trackball lighting on the 8830? If so please let me know how to dc oit, and another where can I go to get some kicking themes for it?
    Don't know what you mean by change the trackball lighting. The 8830 only has one color unlike the Pearl, I have read where some guys have removed the trackball and colored the led.

Sorry to say you won't near the variety or functionality of themes like you are used to with Windows Mobile homescreens.
    09-21-07 06:13 PM
    We are trying to turn the trackball lighting OFF entirely. Colors would be fun, but for now I'm more concerned with not wasting battery.

A Verizon rep is at our company and she was stumped with this issue when I brought it up. So, she called another Verizon rep. They were then stumped together. They tried to console me that it won't matter in terms of battery life. Yes it will. It's a light. It uses energy. I want it off : )

Besides, it will not be cool when I'm trying to use my device inconspicuously in the dark...
    09-21-07 06:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD