Hi! I'm a newby!! This is my first blackberry and I LOVE IT!!!!

I was wondering why I can't send text messages while I'm on the phone? Is there a setting I need to change? Every other phone I've had I've been able to talk and text at the same time. It's very helpful while on conference calls when I need to continue other business.

Also, when I get an e-mail with an attachment the attatchment is too small to read. When I zoom in it becomes distorted. Is there a download that can fix this?

Thanks!!
    09-03-07 08:19 PM
    Not sure about your txt problem.

As to the attachment, after you zoom in pull up your menu and choose the Enhance feature.
    09-03-07 08:34 PM
    Seems to me that sms messages should still send but pins/emails will not send.
    09-03-07 09:31 PM
    It get a big red x when I try to text while I'm on the phone? It won't go thru. Can anyone help? I've tried pulling the battery but that didn't help.
    09-10-07 08:17 PM
    Yes, the texting issue is very odd, they should still come in and out while on the phone. You might want to give your carrier a call, it might be something related to the towers in your area (ie. the roaming update might be needed for your phone), or it could be due to signal strength. I have texts fail all the time when I don't have more than one bar of signal, which is enough for a call but never data of any sort.
    09-11-07 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD