I am a new bb8830 user; I changed from the treo650. I have MSN premium and Outlook 2003; I cannot get Desk Manager to sync with Outlook although Outlook is an option in setup. It may have something to do with the fact that MSN premium and Outlook require Outlook connector. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, what, if any, is the workaround solution.
    Thanks,
    LarryF
    12-17-07 08:28 PM
    I can't get my MSN and Hotmail to work on the BB. The Outlook issue can be remedied by using the Blackberry Internet Service found at bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw (put the https:// at the front of it; I can't post links).

James
    12-18-07 09:14 PM
    thanks for your response. my hotmail does work fine; it is the outlook calendar that doesn't. finally got in touch with the VZW tech people; it seems that in using MSN premium I have to use Outlook connector and this is currently incompatible with bb calendar sync. This may (or may not) be fixed in desktop manager 4.3 which is scheduled for release to the bb8830 in the near future. we shall see.
    thanks again
    12-18-07 10:35 PM
    DM 4.3 is already out, but it a little buggy... somewhat.
    12-19-07 08:47 AM
    When you set the settings for the sync, make sure that you check the boxes for synchronize organizer data and check the box for update device date and time.
    12-19-07 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD