08-01-11 04:15 AM
45 12
tools
    Well chalk up another user with a 8830 with low ringtones! Bought my Wife the 8830 and have the same issue so I spoke to 4 different people about this issue and they assure me all I have to do is change my ring volume from "Low" to "High". I adv all of them I probable know BBs better then all of the people I talked to combined. Geesh!
    03-15-08 07:58 PM
    I too was told by Blackberry that this is a CDMA regulation. I have since contact CDMA, and the person I spoke to was quite surprised that Blackberry is telling me that, as they are sure that CDMA would not regulate volume, but they are looking into it. I think that this is a problem with Blackberry, and I encourage everyone to contact the CEO, Micheal Lazaridis and leave him a voice mail. His number is 519-888-7465 Ext. 82828.
    His phone isn't loud enough to take the call!
    03-15-08 08:09 PM
    Doesn't work.
    03-15-08 11:01 PM
    I have had it with verizon and RIM. I don't understand why they can't simply fix the issue!!! It's so frustrating and if they know that there is an issue, why don't they do something about it and release a newer version. RIM has had PLENTY of time to deal with this issue and I don't see why there has been no effort on their part to do anything about it. I may just have to switch to at&t because apparantly with SIM card phones there isn't an issue with the volume. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
    05-23-08 10:33 AM
    I have to aggree... It is not a question of hardware because the media player is capable of playing ringtones MUCH louder. It seems to me that it would be a simple software patch to fix the issue. I don't understand...
    05-23-08 12:07 PM
    I may just have to switch to at&t because apparantly with SIM card phones there isn't an issue with the volume. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
    The 8330 (CDMA Curve) doesn't have a low ringtone issue. This problem is just localized to the 8830 phones.
    05-23-08 10:06 PM
    I just got my Verizon Curve a few days ago and out of the box the ringer is way too loud. I tried the steps in the OP but that didn't work. I contacted Verizon and they said they hadn't heard of the problem so I brought it in to them and they told me "this is the first time we've seen that happen" which is a bunch of bs. They told me they have no solution for my problem but told me to contact Verizon tech support...

The ringer startles me especially at times like in the morning when I have just woken up and at night if I'm doing something like watching a movie before bed. If I can't get it on a low setting I'm going to return the phone so any help would be greatly appreciated because missing calls because I have to turn the ringer off isn't something I'm going to deal with. Thanks guys and gals!
    05-31-08 08:26 AM
    ^^^ Couple of things. First of all, the Curve is an 8330, please correct your profile on the forums.

Second, go into Profiles and all the way at the bottom to Advanced. Then edit each profile for Phone and set the Volume to Low. If that doesn't work enough for you, use a differente ringtone. You should have no problem setting the ringtone low.
    05-31-08 11:02 AM
    I always set mine to vibrate if I'm in a noisy environment or use that classic ringer or siren that I use as a ringtone. All of you have good findings on this ringtone situation. For the most part, I'm with the rest of you when you say it's a CDMA problem and only uses one speaker instead of two to ring. I'm still curious if the 4.5 OS will correct this problem if we even get it!!! What say all of you??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-08 11:13 AM
    i have a sim card in my 8830 and the ringers are low as well. The only one i can hear is calypso so i use that one.
    05-31-08 08:31 PM
    Ok, I've posted before about a program that I use to edit music files which can be used to increase the volume of mp3's, but it costs about $400. I realized that I have another program which is intended to normalize mp3 files (making them all the same volume) but that volume level can be set by the user. It's a free program, you just drag and drop the mp3 files (or a folder of files) and set a target db level, and the program does the rest for you. It's not as good as the other program I use because you can't cut and paste parts of the song and you can't eq the song (to minimize distortion on that tiny little speaker) but hey, it's FREE and it WORKS. I would suggest setting the target db to 100 or higher, as the default is somewhere around 87. Try it out and let me know how it works

MP3Gain
    06-01-08 08:49 AM
    I just got my Verizon Curve a few days ago and out of the box the ringer is way too loud. I tried the steps in the OP but that didn't work. I contacted Verizon and they said they hadn't heard of the problem so I brought it in to them and they told me "this is the first time we've seen that happen" which is a bunch of bs. They told me they have no solution for my problem but told me to contact Verizon tech support...

The ringer startles me especially at times like in the morning when I have just woken up and at night if I'm doing something like watching a movie before bed. If I can't get it on a low setting I'm going to return the phone so any help would be greatly appreciated because missing calls because I have to turn the ringer off isn't something I'm going to deal with. Thanks guys and gals!
    wanna trade phones? lol, i wouldnt mind having that problem considering the low volume on my 8830.
    06-01-08 08:38 PM
    Finally, we have no solution for the 8830's ringtone volume! The discussing is ended .... ^____^
    06-04-08 05:53 PM
    I just got this phone last Friday, and I have to agree that it took me some time to figure out the volume on this phone (coming from Palm Treo 700x..what a POS that phone was). I would agree that the factory settings on the phone are a bit low for "loud" situations, however I agree with the person that started this thread. If you want a loud mp3 tone, I've found that the Good, Bad & Ugly ringtone from this site is quite distinctive and loud. DL to your phone and then go through the steps form the original post. Set volume to HIGH on ring tone options in your active profile. I have found that some mp3 tones are simply not suitable to use as ringtones (i.e. theme from jaws for my boss, while appropriate, isn't very loud. So the Darth Vader theme from Star Wars works much better!!) The trick is finding a good starting point in a loud/distictive mp3. My 2 cents.
    06-04-08 09:31 PM
    This solved my problem with my 8830. I've been playing around with various combination/profiles for a few days and did not realize that the default setting for "loud" was "medium" that could only be changed through the advanced settings.
    10-18-08 06:06 AM
    This doesn't do a thing. The problem with the ring volume is simple. When you play mp3s in the audio player, it comes out of both speakers, and is very loud. However, when the same file is used as a ringer, it only plays out of one speaker, and is soft. This is ridiculous. It's a simple fix, and I can't believe Verizon hasn't done anything about it, and fails to acknowledge the problem.
    I think if you download some other ringers they will come out of both speakers. I downloaded some Nokia "message" sounds and some other ringers from NEXTEL, and they are a lot louder than my blackberry ringers and message notification sounds.
    10-18-08 09:18 AM
    Well my boss has the 8830 world phone with sim card and I'm having the exact same volume issue. I set everything in the phone to loud and still couldn't hear the ringtones. I ended up dropping my ringtones into Adobe Premiere and boosting the volume levels up to the point where they all started to distort. It's still not quite enough for my boss's old damaged ears... but it seems to to be all I can do for now.
    Last edited by morrima; 10-21-08 at 08:03 AM.
    10-21-08 08:00 AM
    I have the 8330 and found that various ring tones and such ring at various volumes.
    People who call me a lot and I'm expecting their calls (like in the shared office space) I use a softer, shorter sound. But I would too like to make mine louder when I want it. If I am outside with my horses and have it on my belt often miss calls.
    06-17-11 02:15 PM
    I have the 8330 and found that various ring tones and such ring at various volumes.
    People who call me a lot and I'm expecting their calls (like in the shared office space) I use a softer, shorter sound. But I would too like to make mine louder when I want it. If I am outside with my horses and have it on my belt often miss calls.
    Try using this ringtone: Download Classic.mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way I think that's what I had to use when I had an 8830 years ago. Should work also for an 8330.
    06-17-11 02:33 PM
    I use the ringtone Tune_Calypso. It's much louder than the other ones for me. The thing is, some people don't want to use that ringtone...
    08-01-11 04:15 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD