Hi-

I am new to blackberry but do consider myself mildly tech savy. I have a few issues that I was hoping someone out there could help me with.

1- I have around 60 calender entries that sync with my outlook and 8830. No matter how I add them, they dont alarm on my handheld.

2- Is there a ringer or setting that will allow the 8830 to ring and vibrate at the same time instead of one then the other?

3- Does anyone have this issue? When I use a speed dial, the call activates the speaker for about 2 seconds (which is very loud) and then switches over to the earpiece.

Thanks for all your help!

Keith
    06-25-07 01:17 PM
    1 - The CICAL service books that were added as part of BIS 2.3 are the problem here. Go into your service books and delete them, and the issue with the alarms will be resolved. Now the bad thing about when you delete the service books, is that you will also be deleting your appointment. Make sure you backup first.

2 - No way to get ring and vibrate at the same time. Wish there was.

3 - I don't have an 8830 to say for sure, but on my Curve when i use speed dial, I hear a dialing sound through the speakerphone, then it transfers to the earpiece.
    06-25-07 01:47 PM
    Hi-

thank you for your quick reply. I am looking in my service books and dont see anything like that. Am i looking in the wrong place?

Thanks
    Keith
    06-25-07 01:59 PM
    Do you see the CMIME service books?
    06-25-07 02:07 PM
    well, now i see the CICAL next to each of my email addresses and another of the CMIME next to each of my email addresses. Are one of those what you want me to delete? if so, will it erase my email addresses?

Thanks again!
    06-25-07 02:11 PM
    You can delete the CICAL service books and be fine. Those are used for meeting requests only. Now if you want the meeting requests, you'll have to decide which is more important; meeting requests or event alarms.

As long as you don't delete the CMIME service books you will still get your email just fine.

Just remember, when you delete your CICAL service books. All of your existing appointments in your calendar will most likely be deleted. Make sure you do a backup before deleting, and then do a selective restore of the calendar only.
    06-25-07 02:34 PM
    Thank you. This worked partially. I deleted the 2 CICAL service books. I still get my email and I now receive the alerts for my calender entries. Now, my blackberry calender options says I have 0 enteries even though I can see all of them. Everytime I connect to Blackberry Desktop it says that there are 63 additions to add to the calender. Did I do something wrong? Is there a way I can make this stop? You have been such a great help.
    Thank You
    06-25-07 02:56 PM
    Once you pull your battery, all those calendar events will probably disappear. Give that a shot, and then maybe try re-syncing to your calendar.
    06-25-07 08:16 PM
    I have tried that. It doesn't work. I have even erased every calender entry in my handheld and synced. I still get the problem. Is there a way I can switch it back or is there something else I can do.
    Thank you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-07 08:26 PM
    If you made a backup like I suggested, open your Desktop Manager, go to backup/restore, then advanced, and select just the files you want to restore. (i.e. - the calendar)

See if that works.
    06-25-07 08:36 PM
    I must have mistook what you ment. I just synced, not backed up. What can i do now?

Thanks
    06-25-07 08:58 PM
    Well, maybe try changing the setting in Desktop Manager so that the desktop wins when there is a conflict. If that doesn't work, then you may have to re-enter all your events.

And for future reference... always always always make a backup. Do this at least once a week. It will save you a headache later.
    06-26-07 08:45 AM
    Can you tell me how to do a master (hard) reset so I can just start over? Thank you.
    06-26-07 10:34 AM
    Options/Security/General Settings Then hit the BB Menu key and choose Wipe Handheld from the menu.

This will wipe the handheld of all personal data and settings.
    06-26-07 03:08 PM
    hello all! i own a verizon BB 8830, got it as a gift from my gf. i am in aruba, and had it unlocked and been using it via gsm for almost a year on prepaid plan for blackberry from digicel on Aruba. since 3 days ago my plan ran out so i had to reactivate, but suddenly the BB will not let me send out the request message, when i try to dial it, it calls the number instead of sending out the request. does this for everything having to send request, for checking my balance, even for topping up the phone, it does not send the request, instead i dials the number i send out as request! i tried checking with digicel customer service, they have no solution. Verizon will do nothing due that they say i have to be a active client of theirs, which is impossible since verizon does not cover our island!!! has someone had similar issues?? or can someone help??? please email me at jairovtromp---gmail.com will appreciate the help!
    02-04-10 10:49 PM
    I got a BB8830 world edition.
    Not able to sync media

Please help
    04-24-11 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD