OK, I am a noob, I have searched for this and found nothing. I just got home, plugged up my phone for a few minutes. Took it back off to look at something, all was well. I set it down and when I went to pick it up, I was going to "wake it back up from dark mode" and it would not come up. Well, I thought, maybe the battery died. It had plenty of battery left. I plugged it back up. Now when I hit the power button, It will come on for a sec like it is going to boot up and then go back out and the red LED will light up for a sec. Anyone ever had this issue? Do I need to take it back to Verizon? I am lost

Edit: I also did a battery pull. Same results.
    Last edited by lsumrell; 02-21-08 at 11:10 AM.
    02-21-08 10:56 AM
    One other thing, I am not sure if this has anything to do with it or not, but this morning my wife was trying to send me some emails, I was not getting any of them. Phone and SMS were working fine, just no emails.
    02-21-08 10:57 AM
    for starters...BIS email is "down" for Verizon...at least for me and others it is...

If the phone is on, you should only have to press the trackball..or anyother key excepts the END button to wake it up. If you press the power button at the top you may be turning it off and on? Not sure, but others will chime in.
    02-21-08 11:11 AM
    Yeah, I tried the track ball, and almost all of the other buttons at first. Did not know that the BIS was down. That explains the emails. I guess its time for a trip back to my local verizon store. I will get another new one. It is just one more PITA.
    Last edited by lsumrell; 02-21-08 at 11:23 AM.
    02-21-08 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD