I have had the background noise problem since the day I got my 8830 back in May. I have called many times and in the past some have said it will be fixed in a software upgrade along with the low ringer volume.

Yesterday, I was really frustrated about the continuing noise so I called VZW yet again. The drone I spoke with yesterday blamed it all on RIM and said there was nothing they could do.

Verizon to customer:....too bad.

I complained about the large cost of the 8830 and all she did was repeat over and over again that she was sorry for any inconvenience. I asked her to stop apologizing and to get the problems fixed. She NEVER offered to forward my complaint to anyone. I insisted she send some kind of complaint up the food chain. I am sure after I hung up she went back to vegetating in front of her screen and picking her toenails.

I am dumping this pice of carp in May when my contract is over. Verizon is equal to Cingular/ATT in carp for customer support.
    Hey dlathem,

I'm still having the same issues with the terrible noise quality. I've noticed it is especially bad with my sister and girlfriend who are both VZW customers with a RZR phone. I've been thinking about making another attempt at getting a different headset to see if it will work, like the Jawbone, but for one, I have a beard and know that will screw up the Jawbone since it is touch/vibration sensitive and at this point I'd rather spend that $80 plus toward a better phone. Also, at this point I'm over being too angry about the issue (having been through multiple 8830s, calls to VZW & RIM, etc.) as I'm more just exhausted than anything.

Since you are done with your contract in May, you might give the VZW Curve a chance. I've heard great things about it from non-VZW customers. I think that is the route I'm going to go, although my contract won't be up for a couple months after that. Let us know if you try it and whether or not it is any better.

Good luck with whatever phone device you switch to!!

Equally frustrated and over it,
    Crackmandan
    04-02-08 03:40 PM
    I'm glad the background noise issue was revisited.

Even with the software upgrades I've tried, my husband and my sister (both on Verizon) basically tell me that they are in "screaming pain" from the simplest of background noise (running water, the sound of my earring against the phone, putting a dish away EASILY, and so forth), each and every time I use my 8830. If I SNIFF, it blows out their eardrums! I'm sure that this happens with other people with whom I speak, but they're too nice to tell me. I'm told that my voice cuts in and out, and sometimes no one can hear me, or my voice sounds like I'm "under water." Using a bluetooth hasn't helped.

When I speak with my husband, I have to sit in a chair and do nothing at all except talk- can't walk around, can't touch anything. He has given up calling my cell phone unless it's an emergency. I have tried putting a DISH TOWEL over the entire phone while I run water or do things and it STILL hurts people's ears. How is this possible???

This isn't normal, and seems no different now than it did when this thread first began back in '07.
    04-02-08 04:39 PM
    BlackBerry 8830 for sprint does it have the same problem??
    04-17-08 08:17 PM
    I'm not having any issues with the mic on my 8830. It appears to be just a hand full of folks that bought their phone from Verizon when they first came out. My guess is it is a problem with part on one of the boards during the first production run and both Verizon and RIM know about it and are playing dumb. They don't want to be put into a position where they have to recall the phone.
    04-17-08 09:02 PM
    I have read this whole thread and didn't see a real solution to the background noise problem on the 8830. I have had this issue since day one...people ask if I'm standing in a wind tunnel while talking. I downloaded the update and modified settings with no luck. Is there a fix for the extensive background noise? HELP!
    04-21-08 10:29 AM
    This is the worst sounding phone on the market. And I don't mean to you. I mean to the people you are talking to. The forums are full of people complaining about the amplified background noise. My wife has this phone and when I talk to her, every single noise behind he is amplified to the point of pain. On more than one occasion the background noise has made me jump and she said the kids were across the room. It's so loud it actually drowns her out and she's the one talking. If someone knows of a solution they're not telling. The forums are loaded with this complaint but no solution. AVOID THIS PHONE.
    10-20-08 09:13 PM
    I have had mine a little over a month now. I do most of my talking from a plantronics discover 925 BT headset. Everyone that I talk to has noticed a vast improvement in my call qualities since using that headset. But even when I use the phone I have no problems with audio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 07:12 AM
    i bought 8830 Sprint, i bring to my country. i subscribe with CDMA network and GSM network with different operator in my 8830.

when i'm ussing CDMA network there are no problem with the sounds, the sounds is great.
    but when i'm switch to GSM network i have the problem like others do, the sounds are really BAD

i hope this info can help the expert to fix the problem

thanks
    12-25-08 12:26 AM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD