I recently upgraded to .51. I can restart my bberry and have 17MB worth of memory available. Within just a few minutes it will drop to about 11MB. In the last three days it has rebooted itself twice. This is getting just a little frustrating. Can anyone help me with this?? Another question....I really like the looks, etc of the 8830 but can still go exchange it for the Curve if I do so in the next few days. Would that be wise or should I stick with the 8830?
    07-28-08 10:07 AM
    If you're that much of a memory hog, then the Curve might do better for you since it has more memory for apps. .51 is pretty stable, what you're experiencing might be because of an app or theme you're running. I reboot to 19MB and after a few days get to about 17MB and hover pretty well. I have had no stability or reboot issues with mine. Make sure you do a good battery pull, especially if you haven't done one after the upgrade. I usually just 3 finger reboot it via the keyboard shortcut, but I had some early on stability issues with mine after .51 until I broke down and did a battery pull. Since then, warm reboots have been ok and stability improved greatly.

If you're not happy with it, just swap it out, but downgrade the OS back to 4.2.2 before you take it back.
    07-28-08 10:14 AM
    JRS, there is a reason "Crackberry Genius" is listed under your name. I turned off the theme I was using and the memory has become stable. So...does this mean I cant use themes now with .51 if I'm concerned about memory?
    07-28-08 01:28 PM
    Interesting. What theme were you using?
    07-28-08 02:52 PM
    Yeah, what theme was it? I have found some themes in the past that even with 4.2.2 OS it would still cause leaks. The 9K themes (various ones) were notorious for this. That's why I stopped using them.
    07-28-08 03:15 PM
    It was the bPhone Zen theme. Still no memory issues.
    07-29-08 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD