I like my 8830 but I hate the keyboard. Is there anyone that makes a replacement keyboard that has better buttons? Seems like an easy fix for some of us who like other keyboards
    03-30-09 08:31 AM
    What do you dislike - the BLUE colored lights and silver keys?

I got a black keypad with white lights from cnn.cn and it is much better. Much easier to see. Not hard to replace. Shipping from Hong Kong took about 7-10 days.
    03-30-09 09:01 AM
    Better buttons? Are you meaning a firmer press, or what? What don't you like about the keyboard?

Some people prefer the Curve's keyboard. The spacing makes it easier for some to find the individual keys. I like the WE's keyboard because I can run across the keys pretty fast to get where I want to go without the braile feeling of the Curve's keyboard.

Also, the Niagara is on the way to market. It has a similar keyboard to the 8830/Bold. From what I hear, it has an easier to use feel to it.
    03-30-09 09:04 AM
    I can't see them in the dark but the biggest problem is that I can't "feel them". Seems that it is really an individual preference but I tried a curve and I could type much better with it even though the keys were smaller. I'd like buttons with more of a curve or bump for each key. They seem to be very flat.
    03-30-09 09:16 AM
    Mmm... Not that I know of... They have replacement OEM keyboards, but not different ones...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 09:55 AM
    Pretty much any replacement 8830 keyboard is going to have the same feel to it. Some people prefer the 8830/Bold keyboard. Others prefer the Curve's keyboard. That is one of the reasons the two lines exist.
    03-30-09 07:55 PM
    If you have trouble seeing the keyboard, as I did, the change to black with white lights is quite amazing. The feel probably can't be altered.

If you need to see how a black keypad looks, check out Sprint or AT&T's similar models.
    03-30-09 09:09 PM
    It took me two weeks to get used to the feel and spacing of the keys on the 8830, and I still can't type without looking at the keyboard!

I do prefer it over the curve, but u do need to get a 'feel' for the spacing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD