Hey there,

My 8830 is my 4th BB, so I'd like to think I am reasonably competent. Having an issue that is driving me nuts. Since updating OS to 4.5.0.175, 3 or 4 times a week, ringer doesn't ring outloud, alarm doesn't make noise (although you can see it on the screen).

Thought it was a hardware problem, so got VZW to swap it out. New one does the same thing. VZW says neither they or RIM have any idea, and I should reinstall OS.

Anyone else having this problem?

Only idea I have is downgrade. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
    Mike
    02-23-10 08:02 AM
    change os. I have heard that .175 can have that problem. I am running .175 and had the problem once, but a battery pull fixed it and its been fine since.
    02-23-10 08:04 AM
    Do daily battery pulls for a few days after installing a new os. It gets stable afterwards.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 08:54 PM
    I have a 8830 also and recently updated my OS to 4.5.0.175. A few weeks later (not immediately), the ringer stopped working. I checked my notification profile and all was well there. The vibrator continued to work but not the ringer. I thought it might be time for a new phone when I decided to check here on crackberry.

I did as others had suggested and performed a battery pull. Voila, the ringer works again! Thanks very much for the advise.

~Dave
    Last edited by 1wolverine7; 03-29-10 at 07:20 PM.
    03-29-10 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD