I currently have a Q and I am considering an 8830. I have picked one up in the store and noticed the fonts are not necessarily clear. I have read others complaining about how the fonts don't look as well in an email compared to a WM device w/Outlook. Are there additional font options? Do all emails look the same (whether it is POP, Outlook Exchange, Gmail, etc) - re: would a POP account's format look different from Exchange's?

Thanks!
    08-21-07 09:54 PM
    Themes are the key! There are so many choices on the device, in addition millions that one could download. Most themes adjust fonts, style and size...
    08-21-07 10:29 PM
    I currently have a Q and I am considering an 8830. I have picked one up in the store and noticed the fonts are not necessarily clear. I have read others complaining about how the fonts don't look as well in an email compared to a WM device w/Outlook. Are there additional font options? Do all emails look the same (whether it is POP, Outlook Exchange, Gmail, etc) - re: would a POP account's format look different from Exchange's?

Thanks!
    I had a Windows Mobile device before I got my blackberry and I certainly think that blackberry fonts suck. Yes, you can install themes that contain new fonts used on the today screen, but the font choices that I (and most people) care about are the handful of similar looking blocky fonts used to display emails, browser pages, documents, and blackberry menus.

Honestly, would it be so hard to just give us Arial or something? I've had my blackberry for 8 months and I still find myself switching between fonts, hopelessly trying to find one that I like.
    02-16-08 03:21 PM
    This is hugely a user perception issue. I personaly find the fonts (BBClarity especially) on the BB nice and crisp and clear, certainly different that on a WM device, (I've owned a few) There is an option in the BB to turn on Font Smoothing, as I'm sure you've seen. I find it blurs the text a bit to much for my liking, but maybe it'll help certain fonts. BBClarity bold is a pretty good fit I think too.

Anyone out there know much about the font formats for the BB? i.e. adobe fonts, truetype (doubtful) others?

Here's an older post about what fonts people use on their BB: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/what...o-you-use-717/
    02-16-08 04:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD