I have a BlackBerry 8830 that Verizon was kind of to unlock (yes, Verizon will give you the code for free if you ask).

I'm travelling to Europe and want to get a SIM card that will allow me to call out and received email from an BlackBerry Enterprise Server while in Europe without using the Verizon SIM card - cell calls way to expensive.

I saw one company that had a reasonable calling rates but the email was priced at $0.015 per KB's. Since my email sizes range from 1KB to 10MB (or more) it can get prohibitively expensive. I get approx 200-400 emails per day. Even if the average size was 20KB, at 200 per day, it comes to $60.00 PER DAY.

Verizon will do the email for an addition $20.00 per month on top of my current plan. That's a good rate. But if I leave the Version SIM card in to get BlackBerry email, then I will have to get another cell phone to use a 3rd party SIM card for cellular service.

Anyone know a service that provides reasonable rates - fixed - for BlackBerry data in Europe as well as reasonable rates for cell service? Any of these services offer a USA phone number so we can call forward the Verizon phone number to the phone number on the European SIM card?

Thank you

Jerry
    05-10-08 08:01 AM
    Hello,

I have a blackberry 8830 world edition phone from verizon, i travelled out of the country and cannot get to use another SIM card on it, i would be glad if you can assist me on this, because i know you got to unlock yours.

Thanks in anticipation,
    Jose Cruz

NB: my email is [email protected]
    08-19-08 11:46 AM
    The CallinEurope rates look very good to me and what I also liked is the postpaid billing for calls made during the previous month. For a casual user, the final cost may not be much better than with other providers, but for a heavy user, CallinEurope looks like a winner.
    10-04-08 06:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD