So when I go to Europe with my 8830 WE from Sprint, I can just put in local sim card and switch networks to GSM, and it will work fine?
    I do not want to get charged for international roaming, I don't have it setup on my account so I assume that as soon as I am out of the country my sprint service will disapear? Thanks for your help.
    10-14-09 09:18 AM
    yep just put it another sim and it will work fine
    10-14-09 08:24 PM
    Check that you don't need to get the sim card facility unlocked by Sprint before you can use another carriers sim. Also, and you may have already realized this, if you use another carriers sim you will have a different phone number while using that sim and it will be a local number to that country. You will then want to check what that carriers call charges if you are calling back to the USA as this can be expensive.
    10-15-09 05:08 AM
    Mine is a company phone which was just enabled for international calling. My personal is a Verizon Storm, also just enabled. The storm only cost me an additional $10 for the 2 weeks overseas. The calls weren't outrageously expensive. The company phone was handled the same way.
    Less BS than dealing with a new number or a simm card.
    10-17-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD