Up until last week I had no problem receiving emails right away, however now I don't receive them until I surf the internet or right after a phone call. It seems I need a secondary connection before it downloads the emails onto my phone. I took out the battery and that didn't help. It may be coverage issues, but why would I be able to surf the internet and not be able to download emails.

Thanks.
    01-26-11 10:59 AM
    If you have updated OTA most of us can't receive bbms,email or texts in "mid-cal". Once we hang up then the messages wil be downloaded to the phone.

If your having very unusuall experiences I would take the BB to a service center.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 03:04 PM
    CDMA phones can't do simultaneous voice and data over phone. That's why emails and BBMs are blocked while you are on a call. Texts use a different transmission mechanism. You can receive texts while on a call. However, neither of those answers fits the OP's problem. I don't know the answer to his situation.
    02-02-11 09:52 PM
    On my CDMA Tour I can't receive any emails or BBM's until I get off the phone call. I know it seems as if that shouldn't effect it but it does.
    02-02-11 10:48 PM
    CDMA phones can't do simultaneous voice and data over phone. That's why emails and BBMs are blocked while you are on a call. Texts use a different transmission mechanism. You can receive texts while on a call. However, neither of those answers fits the OP's problem. I don't know the answer to his situation.
    On my CDMA Tour I can't receive any emails or BBM's until I get off the phone call. I know it seems as if that shouldn't effect it but it does.
    I explained in the post immediately before yours that what you are experiencing is normal CDMA behavior.
    02-03-11 05:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD