G'day,

I bought the 8830 a few weeks ago. I have used the browser at length over the past few days while traveling. Unfortunately, I cannot get the mini icon to leave from my home screen (texts, email and missed calls all go away after they are checked).

I have reopened and closed my browser several times (by using both the option to close as well has holding down the "Back" key). I have also restarted my phone several times. However, the icon is still there and I am worried that it might either be draining on the battery or other repercussions. If anybody knows how to manually remove the little globe icon from the home screen that would be terrific.
    10-15-07 06:54 PM
    Did you check in your messages? The icon is there for a browser message so you may still have an unviewed messaged in your inbox.
    10-16-07 01:42 AM
    Did you download a ringtone or something? Either way, go to messages / menu / folders / wap messages - do you see a message there?
    10-16-07 03:26 AM
    Go to your text messages area, then hit the menu button and go to View Folder. It should be in under Browser Messages and you can delete it. This happened to me too and it drove me CRAZY!!!
    06-11-08 05:55 PM
    Sheesh I hope they had it fixed by now
    06-11-08 06:02 PM
    LOL, classic!
    06-11-08 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD