I just bought my 8830 last week from an authorized Verizon reseller, i.e., not an actual Verizon store.

The box was already opened and now I'm wondering what I'm missing.

For example, there were no software CDs. Also, I saw something on CB about a headset being included.

Can someone please post what is actually supposed to be included when purchasing an 8830? Thanks!
    06-12-09 02:49 PM
    You should have

The Berry & battery
    International roaming SIM card
    AC adapter
    Headset
    Case
    USB cable
    Software CD
    3 power covertor for the power cable

Having an opened box is never a good sign.

Best of luck
    06-12-09 03:18 PM
    and lots of manuals
    06-12-09 03:22 PM
    I would take it back
    06-12-09 04:12 PM
    You should have

The Berry & battery
    International roaming SIM card
    AC adapter
    Headset
    Case
    USB cable
    Software CD
    3 power covertor for the power cable

Having an opened box is never a good sign.

Best of luck
    Verizon didn't include the SIM card out-of-the-box; you would need to get it separately from them. But you should have the rest of the stuff listed here.
    06-12-09 04:18 PM
    I just checked the VZW web site and clicked on Accessories for the 8830. They don't list the headset. The only thing I'm missing is the "Documentation Kit" which contains the Desktop Software CD. I guess I'm not so concerned since I've been able to download the Desktop Manager software.
    06-12-09 04:53 PM
    I did get mine from verizon and it did not come with a headset or a sim card...although the verizon store did install the sim card no charge.
    06-12-09 05:00 PM
    I did get mine from verizon and it did not come with a headset or a sim card...although the verizon store did install the sim card no charge.
    Correct

10 characters
    06-12-09 05:06 PM
    I just checked the VZW web site and clicked on Accessories for the 8830. They don't list the headset. The only thing I'm missing is the "Documentation Kit" which contains the Desktop Software CD. I guess I'm not so concerned since I've been able to download the Desktop Manager software.
    I would just be concerned if the device wasn't new, yet it was advertised as such.

I'm assuming you already know this but:
    BlackBerry® Software Updates
    06-12-09 05:07 PM
    BTW, is there anything special about the supplied USB cable? Mine has what looks like a mini lobster buoy near where you plug it into the PC. Anyone know what that's for?

Can any mini USB cable work?
    06-12-09 06:28 PM
    Any mini-usb can work. It is a ferrite "knob" to "absorb" radio waves emanating from the wire, I believe.

I did not receive any "headphones" and guess the "headset" is the phone, itself??

The shop threw in the sim card and also a 1gig sd card.
    06-12-09 07:08 PM
    Any mini-usb can work. It is a ferrite "knob" to "absorb" radio waves emanating from the wire, I believe.

I did not receive any "headphones" and guess the "headset" is the phone, itself??

The shop threw in the sim card and also a 1gig sd card.
    I've only heard "headset" to reference headphones that also have a microphone for use in a hands-free fashion. The phone is referred to as a "handset" last I checked.

For what it's worth, a family member just got the 8830 and a headset was included in the box from VZW.
    06-12-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD