I did charge it overnight. Interesting you should say the meter doesn't work. I could not get the battery to go under 10%, checked it in status site on BB. SO I could recharge it overnight. It shows a quick full charge, 100%, in two hours, on the status site and the meter. Is the status site lying also?
    03-09-08 07:25 PM
    i have a brand new never used seidio extended battery for sale, pm me if intereasted or check out my thread in marketplace
    03-09-08 09:05 PM
    i have that problem when im at home cause i have bad reception here and i guess it keeps lookin for good connection and drains my batt. i just set it on roam and fixed it but its still a pita to switch around.
    03-09-08 10:04 PM
    Those of you with bad battery life. Are you using Google Maps Mobile version 2.0.1? If so, uninstall the app. That's right, uninstall it! Even installed and NOT RUNNING the app causes a quick drain on the battery for some reason. This problem was fixed in 2.0.2, but 2.0.2 was pulled due to it causing stability issues with Curve users.
    03-10-08 12:25 AM
    IvanHead... The battery meter is not really inaccurate. The battery is a "smart" battery and typically they get out of sync if they have not been charged properly the first time. I had my phone about a week and noticed the battery was not performing very well and I noticed it was charging up pretty fast which I thought was odd. So I decided to discharged the battery. I let it discharge to the point where the 8830 turned off the radio and would refused to turn it back on which was at or below 5%. Figured at that point the battery was low enough to cause the chip inside the battery to reset (if there was one). I then recharged the battery. I wanted to see how long it took and it took about 3 hours which is approximately the correct charging time for a lithium type battery fully discharged. It takes about 1 hour at high current to get the battery voltage to the right level and about 2 hours on triggle charge current to get it completely charged. Least that what the playbook says about lithium batteries. Ever since I did that the battery seems to be behaving about how I would expect it based on how much I have used the phone.

If it was me, I would discharge the battery down to the point where the 8830 shuts down the radio and then recharge it. You should let the phone charge for at least 3 hours even if the meter says it is at 100% or overnight if you have the luxury. I would check the battery meter about once an hour. It will probably read about 70% after the first hour. Second hour should be about 85% and then the third hour should be around 100%. If it does then the chip inside the battery probably reset. Least that is what I would do.... what you do is up to you.

If your interested in technical information regarding lithium battery charging there is a web site/page that discusses it and it seems to be pretty much in line with what I have learned over the years. When I saw this discussion going on regarding battery performance I Googled around and found it. There is a lot of technical things in it and there are a number of assumptions made about the person reading it regarding their knowledge of electronics. So keep that in mind.

Good Luck

[URL="vhttp://batteryuniversity.com/partone-12.htm"]
    03-10-08 05:54 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD