Hi guys, I have a weird problem with my SMS. For some messages, the blackberry is able to determine which name the phone number belongs to and displays the name. But some messages show the contact's number instead of showing their name.

I have checked and I do have those contacts stored in my address book. Does anyone encounter a similar problem and hopefully has a solution?

Thanks.
    05-10-10 01:21 AM
    It can be the version that you're running. What OS are you currently running and what Service Provider do you have?
    05-10-10 02:01 PM
    I'm running v4.5.0.1.8.1 OS and my service provider is Singtel, from Singapore.

And apparently, it's not certain messages that the numbers instead of names are shown. It's certain CONTACTS. The phone somehow seems unable to find that contact in my address book?
    05-14-10 12:33 AM
    it could be that some of your contacts have not been saved with the (+65) area code, whereas when your phone receives the message, the number is reflected with the area code, hence the phone does not recognise the sender..
    05-14-10 09:40 PM
    it could be that some of your contacts have not been saved with the (+65) area code, whereas when your phone receives the message, the number is reflected with the area code, hence the phone does not recognise the sender..
    there's one problem about this... after i added the +65 to my contacts, the messages do appear fine. but when my contacts call me, i don't see their name, i only see their number (for example if my contact's number is 91234567, when an sms from him comes in it would show +6591234567. so i change the number in my address book to include the +65. contact name shows up fine in the messages folder. and then my contact calls me. instead of seeing his name and number i see his number only WITHOUT +65).

Just what is happening to my phone?!
    05-19-10 03:13 AM
    i had the same probole as yours;not solved yet
    05-26-10 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD