Need a huge help with my device 8820.

I bought it off e-bay at a cheaper price and now am paying the price. I've subscribed to Etisalat's (the operator) global unlimited data plan. My pin and IMEI is registered on Etisalat's database, as confirmed by the call centre agents. However, I get edge in lowercase on my BB.

I've tried battery pulling, host routing table registration and send test pins but don't get a response back.
    I have registered the device on etisalat.blackberry.net and also my e-mail address but no e-mails are being received.
    I've downgraded my OS to 4.2 for 8820, still no response.
    I've logged into the BIS site and tried sending service books but doesn't reach my device. Etisalat tried sending me service books but in vain.

I did a check of the items on my service book and find the following installed:
    WAPBrowserConfig
    WAP2Transport
    WapPushConfig
    Etisalat-MMS
    Wifi-TCP/IP Browser
    Wifi-TCP/IP Transport

I think I am missing some items in the service books but can't seem to download them to the device, as the device itself is not registering via HRT nor is receiving service books.

Would a solution be - if someone using Etisalat could backup their service books and send them to me so that I could use restore option to transfer the service books to my device?

Thanks a million!
    07-22-09 01:26 AM
    call your carrier, have them send service books to your device. That is what I would do.
    07-22-09 01:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD