Hi there - what a great site!!

I have recently got an 8820 (AT & T) and need to unlock it for use on Rogers. I was able to do this for my Treo 650 by myself - but is it possible to do with the BB? Or should I just purchase an unlock code?

thanks so much.
    02-21-08 01:10 PM
    Yes a BB can be unlocked with an unlock code. You will probably need an AT & T sim card to do this. Full instructions will come with the unlock code.
    02-21-08 01:15 PM
    Yes a BB can be unlocked with an unlock code. You will probably need an AT & T sim card to do this. Full instructions will come with the unlock code.
    So I should just use an online site? I can't seem to find a "unlock your bb by yourself" instructions on google.
    02-21-08 01:21 PM
    welcome to the forums
    02-21-08 01:22 PM
    So I should just use an online site? I can't seem to find a "unlock your bb by yourself" instructions on google.
    You will have to purchase an unlock code. One unlocking service I have heard about on this forum is gsmphonesource.com. Have never used it myself.

Welcome to CB by the way!
    02-21-08 01:30 PM
    Welcome to the Black n Crack.
    02-21-08 02:35 PM
    Hey and Welcome to CB!!!!
    02-21-08 03:08 PM
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! I found a site to purchase an unlock code - but there seems to be a wait for it. Is that normal?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-08 07:34 PM
    Yep; a wait of 3-4 days is normal. However, call your provider first and ask if they will give it to you. See the thread on the 83xx forum for more info.

-Eric

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-08 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD