Hello,

I have a Blackberry 8820 and I want to use it to listen music. So when I plugin a headphone voice dialing starts, when I close voice dialing the spreakers resume playing.
    How can I play music with my headphone?
    Could it be that it don't work because of my headphone is not from blackberry?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance
    03-01-10 03:35 PM
    Is it the 2.5mm that came with it? That's a bit odd, doesn't happen to me. Are you using a headphone that you would use with say the 8700 series. I don't believe it should matter though. I guess I want much help, Sorry.
    03-01-10 09:10 PM
    No it is'nt the headphone of the blackberry. But it's my own sehnheiser.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 12:12 AM
    Is there really nobody else with the same problem?

Edit:
    I've tried to use the original earphone from blackberry. Strange enough it works. Unfortunately it's just a single earphone, so not really usable. Can anybody tell me why does this works and other earphones don't?
    Last edited by 75c4; 03-03-10 at 01:39 PM.
    03-03-10 03:18 AM
    I found that strange as well with my BB its obviously just the way they are i think it may have something do to with the fact the original BB headphones have a mouth piece, there are BB headphones you can buy from the website that have 2 ear piece's, as i looked in to that for music on my phone but they cost (at the time i looked) were about 40 dollars
    03-10-10 08:22 PM
    You can not use a standard stereo headphone with the BB. Even though it fits it will cause some strange problems. You need an adapter so that you can use any stereo head phones. Check out the Crackberry store for what you need. Look at the plug of a standard headphone then look at the plug of the earpiece that came with it, They are close but there is a difference as the jack has microphone capabilites that a normal headphone does not provide. good Luck
    03-17-10 11:00 AM
    If it helps at all, I went to the local Wal-Mart, picked up a pair of twin earphones for $ 25 and use them with my BB8820 no problem. I watch .avi movies, listen to music and watch TV with my Slingbox and of course access WiFi with it no problem. I had to look all over to find these earphones with the 2.5mm plugin. They work great. I flew to Mexico and back watching a concert and a couple of movies, not bad! Good luck with yours.
    03-17-10 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD