Anyone that can help that would be greatly appreciated!

Basically my problem is that I can not connect to a mobile network, The phone works fine and picks up orange through wifi but as soon as wifi is off it can't find the orange network.

It's an old orange phone, I'm on an orange contract and the sim card is 3g(not sure if this makes a difference?) My sim works in an even older blackberry 8700.

I've been on the phone to orange and they say everything is fine on their end so it must be a problem with the phone, But the lad I bought it off says it was 100% working before I got it, so?????

Any ideas? I've been through all the mobile network on off stuff, I've updated the os and even put that back to what it was.

Just nothing when no wifi?

Thanks.

MB
    08-04-11 03:53 AM
    Not sure if anyone is reading this but i've done this..........

Using the menu go to Options -> Advance options -> Sim card
    2 - While holding the SHIFT key, type MEPD.

When i do this is says Sim disabled?

Network is fine?
    08-04-11 04:23 AM
    If your Sim card is the key to network access and not allowing you to connect then I would certainly take the phone and the Sim card to Orange and have them take a look at it. Perhaps they can try a different Sim card as a troubleshooting measure. I am not sure as I have never had this problem.
    08-04-11 04:38 AM
    I think that just means theres a network lock on it, But being an orange sim it shouldn't matter.

I'll pop in and see them.
    08-04-11 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD