hi i have a UK blackberry 8820 locked to the orange network, thing is i am actually typing this on a laptop connected wireless to my router which is a d-link dsl-2680, am on talk talk and my blackberry cant 'see' this router

it can find other routers belonging to my neighbours which are further away and i have connected my blackberry to routers belonging to friends

please help
    05-08-11 05:40 AM
    Then it sounds like it is *not* a BB issue. Make sure your router is set to broadcast it's SSID.

You can always manually add the network.
    05-08-11 10:37 AM
    odd cause my blackberry connects to other routers and my laptop works wireless

any help?
    05-19-11 08:30 AM
    i can connect to other routers and my laptop can connect to the talk talk router but nothing comes up on my blackberry 8820 when i scan for networks, is there a step by step guide to sort this out?
    05-31-11 10:31 AM
    i hav a similar issue...my bold 9700 cud find other netwrk but cant find which i create thru my laptop which is connectd to dsl broadband.....any help plzzz
    07-19-11 02:18 PM
    hi i have a UK blackberry 8820 locked to the orange network, thing is i am actually typing this on a laptop connected wireless to my router which is a d-link dsl-2680, am on talk talk and my blackberry cant 'see' this router

it can find other routers belonging to my neighbours which are further away and i have connected my blackberry to routers belonging to friends

please help
    When I was using 8820, I had this problem. While it may not be similar in your case, I'd still like to share it.

Do check the wifi network you're connecting to is not hidden, that's basic but more important, the channel is set to 1 to 12. Your bb doesn't detect channel 13 onwards which is used on some routers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-11 11:31 AM
    On the 8820 (years ago), I had issues connecting to networks broadcast on anything other than channel 11.
    07-26-11 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD