Just got my new 8820 from ATT and seem to have a problem with battery life. Do I need to switch off the GPS and Wifi(on the phone)when I am not using it at home? Overnight, I lost half my bettery charge.
    Anyone else having these problems?
    09-28-07 10:11 AM
    I got my 8820 last weekend and have not had problems with battery life. Although I generally don't leave the unit on overnight, I am in a basement location most of the day during working hours. My previous phone would not last 4 hrs in this location because it was always searching for a signal, which eventually caused the battery to drain. I would also suspect that the wifi constantly active and searching for signal may have a draining effect on the battery as well.
    09-28-07 03:03 PM
    I am having the same problem... I haven't had the battery actually drain completely yet but it seems to be lasting way shorter than expected. I thought it might have had something to do with the first charge being incomplete but my wifi is also always on. I am thinking about taking it to the att store and having them look at it or replace the battery.
    09-29-07 01:00 AM
    WiFi will significantlly drain the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-07 04:48 AM
    I have an 8820 that worked well for about 2 months. All of a sudden my battery wouldn't stay charged for more than 8 hours max and that was with no WI FI and no talk time. Tried a new battery - but still same problem.

RIM said to send it back.
    01-05-09 02:51 PM
    Mine drains alot when using the media player to listen to music. And i dont keep the wifi on, only when i need it. Maybe my gps should be off too.
    02-24-10 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD