Was issued a BB 8800 on T-Mobile by my office and everything works great, EXCEPT: Wireless calendar sync with Outlook only works in ONE DIRECTION: from the desktop to the 8800, and not vice-versa.

Both I, and our IT manager, have spent hours on the phone with T-Mobile and then RIM to get this problem resolved, to no avail. RIM told me that this is a a common problem (can anyone out there confirm this?) but nothing they tried with me - and it was exhaustive - worked.

My IT manager's last contact with RIM left with them still puzzled, and suggesting we make upgrades to our server OS, MS Exchange, and BES. Since our legacy 8700s work fine, he's reluctant to do this, and besides, RIM doesn't know that this will work anyway - they're shooting in the dark.

Does anyone out there have a similar problem, and if so, have you found a solution?

Thanks,
    Chrisg in SF bay area
    07-07-07 07:59 PM
    It's happen to me, a few times. Delete the CICAL service books, and do a battery pull. If it does not return after the battery pull, it would need to be pushed to the device again...
    07-07-07 08:37 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, Navilyn. Unfortunately I have done just what you suggest both on my own, while on the phone with T-Mobile, and while on the phone with RIM - to no effect whatsoever.
    07-07-07 09:57 PM
    Well, you only have TWO options left, reload the OS on the BlackBerry, or replace it...
    07-08-07 03:47 AM
    Navilyn,

The first option has been tried, the second seems like more "shooting in the dark" as RIM seems to be doing. If it was a hardware problem I would think that they or T-Mobile would have suggested that fix already in the total of at least 6 hours of tech support phone calls we've had between myself and my IT manager, and they haven't. What is your experience with this specific problem? Is it common?

Thanks,
    Chrisg
    07-08-07 04:48 PM
    I've just heard a few people talk about it. But, I take it this patch would not help?
    07-08-07 07:32 PM
    Thanks again Navilyn. Unfortunately the patch addresses software versions higher than mine (the 8830 for example) and the problem of wired sync, not wireless sync.
    07-08-07 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD