Hey,
    My blackberry 8800 has recently been exposed to some water, thanks to my 2 year old. What are some ways to maybe help it. And how long should I expect before i could maybe use it again. This happened a couple of nights ago, and it is just now that i am able to do something about it. It was only in the water for maybe a minute at the most. What are my chances of having a healthy berry again without having to buy a new one?
    Thank you!
    12-25-08 09:45 PM
    put it into a container of uncooked rice which will help draw the moisture out...
    dont turn it on untill you are confident that it is completely dry
    12-25-08 09:47 PM
    Thank you very much! I really really hopes this works
    12-25-08 10:07 PM
    It should be fine as long as you pull out the battery and get the phone all nice and dried out using giantfan30's rice dehydration method before you try to power it up.

My wife ran an LG flip through washer and dryer. ...And dropped it into a garbage can filled with ice water. ...And lost it for three months in a snowdrift. Each time I pulled out the battery, opened the phone up, and laid everything out to dry for a few days. I wish it was that easy to fix after she ran it over with her truck!
    12-26-08 01:04 AM
    And it should be ok that i didnt catch it right away. It happened at least two days before i could take the battery out or anything. so it was drying on its own for a couple of days.
    12-28-08 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD