My tackball doesnt seem to work. Works fine when moving up down left right but when i press it nothing happens. I have to use the enter key to select things now. I've taken trackball out and clean it and inside phone etc... but nothing seems to work. What can i do?

cheers
    09-05-08 10:38 AM
    09-05-08 10:47 AM
    There is a sensor under the trackball that can go bad with a lot of use. As threefive mentioned, often you need to replace it. Here is another link for a company that sells replacements if you cannot get yours working.

Blackberry Trackball Replacement Kits and Blackberry Trackball Repair for Curve, Pearl, 8800, 8100, 8300, 8310, 8320
    09-05-08 11:00 AM
    but the movement side of the trackball works fine and i can press it in but nothing happens when i do. i've taken to trackball out and just pressed in the sensor on the 8800 and sometimes thats doesnt work either, if you get me

cheers
    09-05-08 11:33 AM
    My tackball doesnt seem to work. Works fine when moving up down left right but when i press it nothing happens. I have to use the enter key to select things now. I've taken trackball out and clean it and inside phone etc... but nothing seems to work. What can i do?

cheers
    Instead of the above, carefully open your Berry and see if there is any residue causing it to not work. Think...Trackball mice of the old days. If not, I would call your provider for replacement as long as you are still in warranty.
    09-05-08 11:32 PM
    i have the same problem, the sensors work to move it around but it definitely wont press.
    --how much would the trackball cost me?
    06-20-09 01:56 PM
    sprint had quoted me over $50 to replace this.
    06-21-09 07:16 PM
    I had the same problem.

Take out your trackball and under it you will find a brown electrical tape cover the contact that makes the 'clicks' possible. Carefully take that tape off from one side. Don't pull the whole thing off. Let it still be attached to one side. From under you will see a small cap that comes off. You will see corrosion and dust in it. Clean it. Put it back in and re-tape it.

It worked for me. My trackball was fine.
    06-23-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD