Hi,

Just got a new VW Passat with built in hands free. It seems that the kit requires rSAP compatibility.

When the VW searches for devices, my 8800 asks for a pin number (which I have no idea of at this point). All other devices seem to wait until I choose on to pair with from the car - at which point it then gives me a 16 digit random pin number to enter...

Is rSAP supported on the 8800?

Has anyone successfully paired their VW with an 8800?

Help!!

Paul.
    11-05-07 09:52 AM
    Paul

I have a similar problem with the new VW Passat I have a blackberyy Pearl and so far have had no luck. If anyone can help please let me know asap as this is now very frustrating.

Thankyou in advance.

Stephen
    12-20-07 03:24 AM
    Hi,

Did anyone fix this?

Lee
    02-23-08 11:07 AM
    Did you try to contact the dealership? They can usally fix it. I had something similar to my JEEP called Jeep and they had it fix within minutes.
    02-23-08 11:49 AM
    [Hi, pnlambert
    i'm facing the same problem.
    but one thing i'm sure, i already had another devices connected and no problems at all it works ok.
    Strange but BB recognize the VW bluethooth.

thanks
    josť

Hi,
    Just got a new VW Passat with built in hands free. It seems that the kit requires rSAP compatibility.

When the VW searches for devices, my 8800 asks for a pin number (which I have no idea of at this point). All other devices seem to wait until I choose on to pair with from the car - at which point it then gives me a 16 digit random pin number to enter...

Is rSAP supported on the 8800?

Has anyone successfully paired their VW with an 8800?

Help!!

Paul.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by jsalva; 02-26-08 at 05:33 PM.
    02-26-08 05:31 PM
    Hello everyone i had the same problem if the vw car says this phone is not compatible or asks for pin without showing it just remove your BB's battery and put it again and switch it on then choose listen then follow the instruc. hope this helps
    08-10-10 08:02 PM
    Not sure how things work on the Passat, but on my Toyota Venza, you have to go through a set up procedure. At the end of the procedure, the pin I have to enter is on the display on the radio.

As others have stated, just call up a dealership. They'll have you sorted out in a few min I'm sure.

Did a very quick google search and came up with this:

(Translated from German UI)
    * On the VW Premium Phone Kit: Start Searching for devices
    * On Bold: Start Setup Bluetooth
    * On Bold: Answer question whether to search for devices or listen for searching devices LISTEN
    * On VW PP: After a while you will see a 16 number PIN
    * On Bold: Enter that 16 number pin from the VW PP
    * On VW: It shows a screen labelled "PIN Code" now. That really made me wonder what that means. The manual did not help. I guess you can choose a ne (shorter) Bluetooth PIN now. The UI is, however, very strange.
    It looks like this
    PIN Code
    [0]
    Now you can cycle through the numbers from 0-9 using the up and down buttons on the steering wheel. OK selects a number.
    But how do I leave this screen? Well, just cycle down to 0 and the hit the down button once more. Ahhh! Then we get other options down there like Cancel, OK and Reset.

After you have chosen a new PIN your done and you can start to call your collegues who complain about their not functioning Premium Phone Kit to laugh at them

See if that works.
    09-28-10 06:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD