Hey guys,
    I'm brand new to this site, but I've been an avid blackberry user for a while now. Currently I have an 8300 and an 8800, and the reason for this post is to ask if anyone can help me out with a little problem i encountered with my 8800.
    Last night I fell asleep midway through typing a text message, and this morning I woke up lying on my phone. I didn't think anything of it (I've dropped it many times and its continued to work completely fine), until I realized that the rollerball could be used to scroll, but not to select anything. Also, the back button directly to the right of the rollerball no longer works. However, it appears that everything else works perfectly fine.
    Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be wrong, and how I would go about fixing it?

Thanks in advance!
    04-07-09 02:20 AM
    Greetings and welcome to CB! I am not exactly sure why your trackball or back buttons are not working, but perhaps, while you were lying on them, they just got jammed in to far even though they may look fine. Although BB are tested for drops and falls, the circuitry is still pretty delicate. You may need to check and see if anything internal got bent or broken. Check these links:

8800 Disassembly - BlackBerryFAQ

Good Luck!
    04-08-09 07:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD