All,
    I have an 8800 on AT&T that was in desperate need of a software update, so I grabbed the EastAsia OS 4.5 file. I wiped the BlackBerry back to the bricked 507 state to start from a clean slate. I then installed the OS to the phone. Once the new version uploaded and the phone restarted I unplugged the phone and started getting it all set back up. I resent the service books, was downloading some of my apps, etc. Then it randomly rebooted on me.

I then tried the Orange UK, Rogers, and almost every other 4.5 file I could find for the phone. Each time repeating the same load procedure. Some of them wouldn't even finish the initial reboot, they would reboot again during the Verifying System Security. Sometimes it would stay up longer if I unplugged it from the PC, but a random reboot was always waiting for me, and it would definitely occur when plugged in the computer.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? I'm currently downgrading my OS back to 4.2 so that I can have a usable phone, but regardless I really want that HTML email client, decent web browsing, and the general betterness that comes with 4.5. Am I doing something wrong in loading it? Should I remove my password and security? Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff
    11-28-08 07:42 AM
    Sorry for not doing a more complete search before posting, I am trying the media card removal now. I had to reload the original 4.2 OS, backup the media card, and now I am running the 4.5 OS update again.

Sorry for the multiple posts.

[EDIT]

After removing the card, finishing the re-install, and then formatting the card and re-inserting it everything appears to be fine. I'm copying data back to the card inserted in the BlackBerry right now.
    [/EDIT]

Jeff
    Last edited by jbolle; 11-28-08 at 10:37 AM.
    11-28-08 08:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD