I have a BB 8800 on a corporate service. There is an IT policy that auto locks the device after 15 mins.

When I use the Media player to play MP3, once the lock kicks in, Media Player stops and closes.

I can also replicate by using the lock icon on the BB desktop.

I am on 4.2.1.73 code.

Others that have the same device and code version on the same corporate BES don't have the problem.

Anyone else seen it ?

Thx

Andy
    06-11-07 05:18 AM
    Never heard this before. I run a strict I.T. Policy, but I don't set the devices to lock after 15 minutes. That's a bit much, no?

Anyway, I suggest speaking with your I.T department. Maybe as a temp test, they could put you in another I.T. Policy group (with less restrictions), and see if it happens then...

Also, the person that it does not happen for, are we sure the I.T. Policy is on his device? Go to Options / Security Options / General Settings / scroll down, do you see an I.T. Policy name? If yes, does it match the name on your device?

Welcome to CrackBerry.com
    06-11-07 06:47 AM
    Never heard this before. I run a strict I.T. Policy, but I don't set the devices to lock after 15 minutes. That's a bit much, no?

Anyway, I suggest speaking with your I.T department. Maybe as a temp test, they could put you in another I.T. Policy group (with less restrictions), and see if it happens then...

Also, the person that it does not happen for, are we sure the I.T. Policy is on his device? Go to Options / Security Options / General Settings / scroll down, do you see an I.T. Policy name? If yes, does it match the name on your device?

Welcome to CrackBerry.com
    Hi thanks, and great site !

Yes, I can confirm we all are using the same IT Policy.

Yeah, the 15 mins is annoying but people don't lock their devices otherwise and it was the only way we could get the go ahead from security.

Someone has suggested an o/s rebuild.

Have just been advised that 4.2.1.90 is on the O2 website, I'm going to give that a try.

Will report back if that works

Andy
    Andy
    Last edited by kopite4eva; 06-11-07 at 07:46 AM.
    06-11-07 07:19 AM
    Called O2, they had a known fix. Turn contention protection off. Works fine now.
    Last edited by kopite4eva; 06-11-07 at 11:50 AM.
    06-11-07 09:54 AM
    Very weird issue. I take it a battery pull did not help?
    06-11-07 10:52 AM
    The latest .139 version of the 8800 firmware is available through the AT&T support site, seems to load a lot faster on my device.

As for the IT policy, ours is set to content protection on, timeout after 30 minutes, strong passwords (8 character minimum with one number and letter) locked down firewall.... you get the idea

I did have a couple of media lockups when i tested the .74 software from T-Mobile as wellas a TON of Java exception crashes
    06-13-07 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD