First off, hello to everyone - haven't been here (nor owned a BB) since I had my cdma 8703e with sprint, spent the last 3 Terrifying months with the iphone 3g the misses bought me, funny part about it is my body was sick of it too, the misses watched me sleep walk downstairs into the kitchen, toss it into the sink and filled it with water...now on to my issue...

I gave my son an 8800 (used) for his birthday, now today its not turning on nor charging, he says the light lit up white before it turned off (I think he means the screen) is this fixable? I know on the 8703e I had to replace the usb jack plus open it up once a week to clean the trackwheel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-10 08:41 PM
    Could be the battery. If not try to see if it will connect to desktop manager and do an os upgrade. If that doesnt work, return and get your money back, lol. Good luck
    03-01-10 09:13 PM
    Well the mini usb plug fell out today, can it be fixed or should I toss it? There's no one to return it to it was given to me, I used it for 3 days then went to an att store because I couldn't access voicemail, and the "I know everything about anything" guy said I had to upgrade to OS 6.4, when I said there is no bb 6.4 he went on to the next customer...which I promptly called att's 800 number an they shipped me a bold 9700 for nothing but shipping

03-01-10 09:21 PM
    Use an extrenal charger. Actually you should always use an external charger with BlackBerries our USB ports are terrible.

I definitly wouldn't just throw it away though I could always use a spare.

03-03-10 10:51 AM
    Take it to a generic mobile phone repair shop. If the shop has a guy with a soldering iron, the shop can replace the USB port at around $20 (estimate).

You can't guarantee successful maintenance (or OS updates) without the USB port.
    03-04-10 04:19 AM
    Well he still has the turning on problem. You might have a nuked bb, so you might want to get the mini usb port fixed so you can bring it back to life by using apploader.

03-05-10 08:51 PM
    Sounds like your charge port on your phone needs replacement. We fix them through our ebay repair listings for $38.95. Just type "blackberry charge port repair" for your ebay search and look for the listings with "PORT REPAIR" around a charge port in big red writing. Our ebay username is "its-a-pheo" We have fixed hundreds of them and complete the fix the day we receive the phone from you. Feel free to email me with any questions at all... blackberryrepairshop@gmail.com
    06-10-10 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD