I have an 8800 from AT&T (Phone is labeled Cingular, i doubt that matters though)... Well atleast once a day, the wait animation comes up like the phone is doing something, it comes up at totally random times and locks up the phone, it NEVER goes away!

ive let it sit for over an hour, and it still didnt go away... each time i have to do a battery pull since the buttons on the sides dont work either, when the phone is fully started back up, my call log is empty, and all my text messages are gone.. What is my phone doing? why? And how can i stop it? I didnt do anything, nothing is running that hasnt been there since i got the phone awhile back.. im confused
    07-04-08 03:47 PM
    Go to options > status and check your file free memory. Post it here so we can rule in or out a memory problem first.
    07-04-08 03:53 PM
    it shows: 13,018,948 bytes free
    07-04-08 04:00 PM
    Well that shouldn't be causing you any problems.

Do you close your applications properly by hitting menu key and selecting close or exit?

Hit swtich application to see what is running in the background. If any third party apps show up close them to see if that helps.
    07-04-08 04:04 PM
    Well that shouldn't be causing you any problems.

Do you close your applications properly by hitting menu key and selecting close or exit?

Hit swtich application to see what is running in the background. If any third party apps show up close them to see if that helps.
    I always use the Close/Exit option for each program, and i go through the switch app's menu a lot and close things in there.. And i commonly get frustrated that some things wont close like Blackberry messenger haha, but yeah everything is closed.. nothing running at all (thats visible)
    07-04-08 04:12 PM
    You may have to replace this device under warranty.
    07-04-08 04:24 PM
    You may have to replace this device under warranty.
    crap... AT&T sucks at that

I'll call them Monday i guess... Thanks Hazysky!
    07-04-08 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD