Hey guys - Just looking for some quick help. Yesterday my BB 8800 started really acting up on me. I believe that there is something under the keypad, confusing the buttons and trackball. I dropped this in the sand the other day and it worked fine at first but I am pretty sure that is what messed it up. I think there is sand under the keypad. Do you guys think so or do you think its something more serious?

When using the trackball I have to use it very delicately otherwise it will just decide to choose an option, making unnecessary calls and sending texts before they are ready to be sent. Some of my buttons are not working well either - I have to click them harder than usual.

Because it was acting up, I thought it would be a good idea to try to take it apart and see what was wrong. I tried to unscrew the T5 screws with a phillips screwdriver... nice. So, you can probably imagine that those are now stripped.

What I want to do is get something to take the rounded out screws with and find replacement T5 screws for the BB... does anyone know where I could find these and the proper screwdriver?

Thanks!
    -Josh
    05-27-08 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD