Hello Peoples.

I am up to date on my (beta) OS - 4.5.0.77 - and my ipod recently was stolen. I am considering buying an 8 GB micro sd for my BB, but heard that it might be very slow especially when the sd card gets near full -

Anyone experienced this? Does the lack of performance make it not worth it?
    Should I just wait for the next OS update with 16 GB micro sd support?
    10-23-08 11:44 PM
    Considering that 4.5 is not yet officially released for the 8830, you might not want to wait on 4.6. I don't have any experience with an 8GB card, so I can't comment on its performance.
    10-24-08 12:18 AM
    I have a 8GB card on my 8310 and its about half full and its only slow right after a battery pull or reset because its syncing with your media player. No other issues for me.
    10-24-08 12:32 AM
    ive got 4.5 somethin in my sprint 8830 and 4.3 on my sprint 8130 it works in both. i have a bout 5 gb of music on the card.. when you stick the car in the phone it takes like 5ish minutes to register all the music. it registers by artists in a alphabetic fashion. The card runs quick if you search by artist.. lags it a lil if yue search by song cause there are so many.

the answer is yes.
    10-24-08 05:31 AM
    I have an 8GB card in my 8820. Unfortunately I also have OS 4.2 which means that only 4GB are recognized. I am still waiting for AT&T (the turtle carrier) to release 4.5 so I can use all 8 GB.
    10-24-08 05:43 AM
    Running a 8 gig on mine, I'm running 4.5.77

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 05:52 PM
    The LATEST OFFICIAL 8830 OS from Verizon has supported 8gig cards for a while now. That was one of the features that was added to that 4.2xxxxx update. I've had an 8gig in mine for about 6 months or more, I suspect. It can be a bit slow when it indexes all the stuff.
    10-24-08 11:50 PM
    Hello Peoples.

I am up to date on my (beta) OS - 4.5.0.77 - and my ipod recently was stolen. I am considering buying an 8 GB micro sd for my BB, but heard that it might be very slow especially when the sd card gets near full -

Anyone experienced this? Does the lack of performance make it not worth it?
    Should I just wait for the next OS update with 16 GB micro sd support?
    While my 8830 is on Sprint, I'm running 4.5.0.77 with an 8GB microSDHC and it works great!

I've actually filled the card with over 7GB of music (there's only perhaps 8MB left) and it is quite speedy and a pleasure to use.

The only "slowness" as such is when you change songs or add songs, then do a re-boot or battery pull. It will then take approx 5 minutes to re-index but after that is done you are good to go and performance is quite snappy! Enjoy ...

/BD
    10-25-08 12:41 AM
    Confirm statements by bikedogrun. Same phone and carrier. I have a Kingston card which is full. No problems with speed. I sync the card with Windows Media Player.
    Everything appears right away. My problem seems to be a poor quality of copy in WMP.
    10-26-08 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD