All,

I just did the upgrade (to OS 4.5). I don't create videos for BB, just download them from videos4blackberry.info (strong supporter of crackberry.com). All movies on videos4blackberry.info are in *.3gp format. They will not play.

Symptoms?
    Movie is listed with appropriate name in BB media player.
    when i select it (to play), the length of the movie gets displayed (49 mins for example) and the time is at 0:00--doesn't move.
    I also can't select play, pause, fastforward, etc. Just frozen. have to 'end call' to get out to the main menu.

What have i tried?

Battery pull, play again. No luck.
    tried other 3gp movies i knew worked before OS upgrade, no luck.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    01-12-09 01:56 PM
    Think that it has something to do with the size of the vid. The mobile you tube streams in 3gp. But when I convert an flv to 3gp I end up with the same results. I havnt messed with it too much and would rather watch movies on a larger screen per say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 04:01 PM
    Think that it has something to do with the size of the vid. The mobile you tube streams in 3gp. But when I convert an flv to 3gp I end up with the same results. I havnt messed with it too much and would rather watch movies on a larger screen per say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I use it to watch TV shows (no bigger than 70-95 MB) on the train ride home. It is about an hour or so of commuting. Much better to watch Dexter than to fall half asleep
    01-13-09 10:27 AM
    I use it to watch TV shows (no bigger than 70-95 MB) on the train ride home. It is about an hour or so of commuting. Much better to watch Dexter than to fall half asleep
    I treasure what little bit of sleep I can get. I am lucky to get 4.5 hrs a day...
    01-14-09 06:29 AM
    I treasure what little bit of sleep I can get. I am lucky to get 4.5 hrs a day...
    i disagree. Getting 4.5 hours of solid sleep is much better than becoming half asleep on the trains to be woken up by either loud and obnoxious people or by the train jerking.

I wager there is no workaround/resolution to this 4.5 OS vs video files then?
    01-14-09 02:16 PM
    I was wondering if a workaround was ever found for this? I am having the same problem. Although, I have found that you can save the video to your media card and play them, but you can't stream them.
    09-13-09 08:08 AM
    Very odd. The .3gp files I have play just fine on 4.5.0.169 (also played fine on .138 and .160).

It sounds like you might need to reload the OS.
    09-13-09 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD