I am having a B***H of a time installing 4.5.0.77 My desktop manager cant seem to find it. I have uninstalled and re-installed the file multiple times now. any advice?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    01-07-09 05:14 AM
    I'm having a hard time finding a copy of 4.5
    anyone know where i can find one? The links in most posts are no longer working. I found a copy of 4.5 AT&T and I'm not sure if that will work if my carrier is Verizon. Any ideaS? Thanks!
    01-07-09 05:00 PM
    An AT&T OS will not work on your Verizon BlackBerry. Try googling. There may be a megauploader link to an 8830 4.5 OS. Be sure you only download an 8830 OS. No other phone's OS will work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 05:10 PM
    just found it. Thanks Jeff!
    01-07-09 05:31 PM
    I followed every step and it still does not give me an option to install a new OS it says 'no software is available for your device" sadly I now have a brick
    01-07-09 05:50 PM
    I followed every step and it still does not give me an option to install a new OS it says 'no software is available for your device" sadly I now have a brick
    Well i don't know WHY this worked but I cold booted my PC 3 times and suddenly it worked. go figure. No more brick Yay! thank you for the time.
    01-07-09 06:29 PM
    Go here:
    OS 4.5.0.101 for the 8830 (CDMA) found online | BlackBerry Rocks!

Read the blogs on how to install a new OS and how to recover if it goes kaplunk.
    I would like to get 4.5 on my 8830. Can someone send me a PM with a realible site to download the beta?

I went to blackberry.com and tried to update through the site and when it launched the software manager it stated that I have the current version. I have 4.2 right now.
    01-07-09 10:05 PM
    I have been wanting to update so I can use DocsToGo... However, I have lots of stuff I don't want to lose ... Can I get the link back to the Crackberry Blog regarding the process for beta updating? Thanks

Check my signature for proper upgrade/ downgrade procudures.

01-08-09 06:37 AM
    That is due to the Docs to go. That portion of the OS is 2MB by itself. If you register and do the update to include the option to work on excel spreadsheets it jumps to 2.5MB. So bottom line is if you do not need to edit your office docs and can deal with only viewing them in an email attachment you can free up close to 2.5MB of memory.
    Interesting. Is this the "Blackberry Attachment Service" listed in Advanced Options/ Applications?

One thing that 4.5 has not fixed (I regard this as a bug), is the network time synchronization. When I change time zones, the time on my Blackberry does not change. When i check Date/Time, I have the Date/Time Source set to "Network." The Network Time listed right below that has the correct (adjusted) time, but the time on the desktop is still my original time zone. Surely this is an OS issue. While they are fixing that, they should also ensure that we have the option of having our calendar follow the new time zone or remain fixed (I dont want my calendar to change, but I do want the time to be correct). If they are loading gthe time from the Network, from a tower, why isn't it adjusted? >> sigh <<
    01-11-09 10:33 PM
    Yes, the BlackBerry Attachment Service is listed in Applications. You can also install / uninstall it using DM App Loader.

The time zone issue you describe isn't a bug, it's designed that way. I don't expect it to be changed. See the Time Zone Issues thread in my sig for a full discussion and explanation.
    01-12-09 07:06 AM
    Well, Here we sit almost a year later and STILL no OS 4.5 for the Verizon 8830. WTF RIM?!
    01-12-09 10:41 AM
    I'm interested in the 101 release .77 was junk It came with no ringtone and could only set the ringtone for phone under profiles (others flat wouldn't open) very buggy rolled back with regret so will be getting 101 tonight unless anyone can give a reason not too

01-12-09 01:04 PM
    Looks like the blackberry rocks link is now dead...
    01-12-09 02:22 PM
    Here is the correct link:
    erm guess i need 10 posts

go to the Home page on blackberry rocks
    On the right hand side (scroll down a bit) Look for News By Device and click the 8830, it's the 3rd article down on that page
    01-12-09 03:01 PM
    I'm interested in the 101 release .77 was junk It came with no ringtone and could only set the ringtone for phone under profiles (others flat wouldn't open) very buggy rolled back with regret so will be getting 101 tonight unless anyone can give a reason not too
    Well, for starters rebooting my phone every day due to .101 memory leaks is a big minus. Went back to .77 with no regrets.
    01-12-09 07:42 PM
    tried them both and i'm partial to .77 too. seems to not leak as badly. just waiting for our company BES to upgrade so i can get html email
    01-13-09 10:42 AM
    The time zone issue you describe isn't a bug, it's designed that way. I don't expect it to be changed. See the Time Zone Issues thread in my sig for a full discussion and explanation.
    Haha! This is a good one. That's what Microsoft used to say: "It's not a bug, it's a feature." Thanks for the thread reference, I'll move my other comments there. There's a manual way to get it done, which I've just discovered.
    01-22-09 10:29 AM
    This site claims to confirm that Verizon Wireless will release OS 4.5 for the Blackberry 8830 World Edition First quarter 2009. As for me . . . I aint goin' ta hold my breath.
    Take the spaces out from in between the www and the link will work.
    w w w.appscout.com/2008/11/blackberry_os_45_now_available.php

(Sorry the link doesn't work Apparently the admins want to keep users from having an easier time linking to pages unless you post a ton to their site. Way to make me want to contribute. Nice web 1.0 era crap if you ask me)
    01-23-09 04:37 AM
    Is anyone havine a problem using Google maps or Sprint Navigation with .101
    01-23-09 07:22 AM
    Is anyone havine a problem using Google maps or Sprint Navigation with .101
    It's'work gr8 for me with Telus.

01-23-09 08:51 AM
    MUSHU, your running the 8330 curve thru Telus (which I believe doesn't have sprint navigation). Looking for anyone that has the 8830 (pref on Sprint) that has/has not run into trouble using both Sprint navigation or google maps.
    01-23-09 09:25 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD