Hi, I have an 8830 and there are 2 new mails per the icon on the display. I have checked every email on the blackberry and all emails are read, I cannot find the 2 mystery emails that appear unread . This is driving me crazy. Any ideas where I may find 2 hidden unread mail messages? I know this is probably a crazy question but it's been months and can't find the mystery new mail
    11-21-08 08:45 AM
    go to your inbox, scroll all the way to the top (highlight the date) click your menu button, scroll down until you see reconcile now. Select that and your problem is resolved.
    11-21-08 08:50 AM
    sorry, didnt see this has been happening for months. try a battery pull. (hard reset)
    11-21-08 08:51 AM
    i get that every now and then, battery pull is the only way i know of.
    11-21-08 04:56 PM
    I had that happen once. Not to scare you but, I did the soft rest, hard reset, the reconcile and then finally after a total phone wipe it worked. (the story dosn't end) a few weeks later happened again and nothing worked that time just had to take it in and have the phone swaped ;(

GL
    11-21-08 08:34 PM
    May I recommend that you check for missed calls? That would be also be an unread message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 09:48 PM
    I had a similar problem after installing Aerize Email Alerts. After searching for help I found a solution, go to General Options for email and change 'Hide Filed Messages' and 'Hide Sent Messages' to NO and then go back and check your emails. Hopefully you will find the unread email. Afterwards you can change the settings back to your prefence.
    11-22-08 06:01 PM
    Also check under Saved Messages. If you happen to accidentally press 'S' you may have a message hiding there.
    11-24-08 08:09 PM
    I had a friend with this problem and it turns out, as PolishPoet noted, he had a saved message. When you're reading an email and you press "menu" and go to delete the message, be sure you're not accidentally choosing "save message" instead. It will "disappear" as if it's been deleted, but really has been moved to another folder, a folder in my friend's case that was hidden.
    11-28-08 08:44 PM
    Also check under Saved Messages. If you happen to accidentally press 'S' you may have a message hiding there.
    thanks, that did it
    09-23-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD