Hey guys, got two more for ya...

1. Blackberry messenger, does it charge? and can i group chat? (wish i had more friends to add to try this, they are still hung up one windows mobile, they dont wanna pay for the bberry package)

2. Security, i know in bes if someone sets it up, if a phone is lost then the person who finds it has to enter the right pw, if they dont, then the phone will format itself. is there a way to do that with bis?? we are small business and i would love that feature. We have a 8703 and 8830 w./ VZ and an 8830 w/ Sprint...

Thanks as always...
    04-30-08 07:18 PM
    BB messenger uses data so if you have unlimited days no worries. You can group chat but I'm not sure how (I don't use messenger much)

For security go to options and security and you can pasword protect things there

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-08 07:28 PM
    1. As long as you have a BB data plan you are good to go. And it does group chat.
    04-30-08 07:28 PM
    2. Actually, the password security feature has nothing to do with BIS or BES -- it is a basic BB feature. With a password set, you determine how many invalid attempts are allowed -- and after that number of invalid attempts, the BB is wiped. Great feature, just don't forget your password !!

BES has a feature that can remotely wipe a device if it is lost or stolen, done by the BES administrator.

As noted above, the messenger feature uses data, so with a data plan there is no charge, and there is no per message charge. It only works with other BB's.
    04-30-08 07:38 PM
    I am going to try that with my old 8703 and see what happens... if this works and wipes !! I AM ONBOARD!! everyone at the office is going to be forced FORCED I SAY to bberry
    04-30-08 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD