Alt+right shift+del=restart and I save my percious memory for something else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    what do you mean "right" on the track ball?
    02-24-09 03:27 PM
    what do you mean "right" on the track ball?
    You have 2 shift keys on your on your keyboard. One is on the left side the other is on the right hand side. I am referencing the one on the right hand side of the keyboard.
    02-24-09 05:29 PM
    You have 2 shift keys on your on your keyboard. One is on the left side the other is on the right hand side. I am referencing the one on the right hand side of the keyboard.
    my bad i was thinking of the pearl but i am int he wrong section lol whoops
    02-25-09 11:44 AM
    Im having the same issues. I am with Sprint. I hate having to pull the damn battery, so often!
    with sprint you have to call customer service at *2 and ask for a prl update. once they say you are good hang up, wait a min then call *2 again. the you will here them updating the phone. the latest prl for sprint is 60651. you can find what version you have by typeing #4357* send. i did it today and it helped a great deal
    03-13-09 05:21 AM
    wooooow thank you so much.
    i was so scared when i woke up this morning and my tour was showing this.
    soft reset did the trick.
    07-22-09 09:51 AM
    With Sprint, to get a PRL update, call CS and tell any CS rep that you want a PRL update sent to your phone. Then hang up and dial *228

It's a good idea to do this every 6 months or so, regardless of your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you got to: Options/Mobile Networks then click the BB button, and select Update Profile or Update Perferred List, doesn't this do the same as above?
    10-22-09 09:08 AM
    You dont need to do a battery pull or update the PRL... all you have to do is go to the MANAGE CONNECTIONS icon in your home screen and un-check the box next to Mobile Network, wait until the it says OFF where 1xev/1XEV/1X normally is displayed, and then just re-check the Mobile Network box. It is just a quick refresh of the network. if that doesn't work THEN do a battery pull... this can save valuable time if you do not have the patience to wait for the device to reboot.
    04-01-10 02:11 PM
    Stonemason, sorry but that doesn't always work:

I travel to a spot each week where it is rual, I get the bad connection and it doesn't switch back to the 1XEV every time I get back to city. I have tried to figure this out on my own and the Manage connections thing you mention doesn't always work.

The battery pull reboot is the thing I have to do 90% of the time. I do try the mannage connection box first, however, each time.

{8830 on Sprint}
    04-02-10 11:02 AM
    OPTIONS>MOBILE NETWORK>BB Button>Start Provisioning

then let it run its course, takes about a minute, then should fix it
    01-11-11 12:57 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD