Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the following ANNOYING situation,
    for which I was given ABSOLUTELY NO EXPLANATION, by my carrier in Canada, even though it's already happened TWICE in the past 2 weeks:

within 1 minute, I received approx. 182 emails which I had previously:

1. read AND
    2. saved OR
    3. deleted

Thanks,

Andres
    09-09-07 11:31 PM
    Yesterday I also received a couple of read emails tht I had in my inbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-07 04:09 AM
    Are you using GMail, by any chance?
    09-10-07 04:25 AM
    RIM had a BIS outage this past Friday which ran into the weekend. When it was fixed several people reported similar issues (but for them it was mostly their hung up mail that finally made it through).
    09-10-07 08:03 AM
    Hi there,

Thanks for your input guys!

I was NOT aware that RIM's outage could have a negative / domino impact / effect on Bell Mobiliity Canada.

Navilyn,
    Yes, I use gmail, is that also causing problems ?

Andr�s
    09-10-07 10:11 PM
    I just remember that happening once with GMail. I was going to suggest removing it, and re-adding it...
    09-11-07 02:46 AM
    It happened to me this weekend - I got about 200 emails suddenly. Most of the emails were from weeks ago!
    09-11-07 04:50 PM
    For the past few weeks hat has been happening to me EVERY Thursday between 1:30 and 2:30 (eastern time). It seems to only happen with my Gmail messages.

Any idea what may be going on? Ways to fix the problem?
    09-11-07 09:51 PM
    For the past few weeks hat has been happening to me EVERY Thursday between 1:30 and 2:30 (eastern time). It seems to only happen with my Gmail messages.

Any idea what may be going on? Ways to fix the problem?
    I am on a Blackberry 8830 using the BIS to fetch my email from gmail. About once to twice a month I get a flood of old email from a past week or so show up as new mail on my BB. Can't figure it out. Not forwarding from gmail. Have filter at BIS to stop my sent mail from showing up on the BB. So, everything works great except this occasional large download. I set up my sister in law with same 8830, same BIS settings and it has never happened on her BB. Any help would be much appreciated... this uses a fair amount of bandwidth which if you happen to be out the country is a real pain. Thanks.
    09-12-07 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD