Hi,

I'm still new to this whole Blackberry thing. I recently switched to the 8830 from my Motorola Q.

On the Q, I could install VZW WirelessSync onto my work computer... and it would automatically send over my emails/calendars/contacts wirelessly to my Q. And if I added a new calendar or contact, it would send it back to my Outlook... so both the Q and my Outlook were in sync. I did not have to bother IT for anything.

I thought I could do the same w/my Blackberry using Redirector... but I think that only syncs emails? Is there something I could install on my workstation that will allow my Outlook calendar and contacts to sync wirelessly w/my 8830? Or do I have to contact my IT to use BES?

Hope that makes sense... thanks!
    06-20-07 03:58 PM
    Contact your IT and have them set you up on BES, I think its your only and best option.
    06-20-07 08:10 PM
    Is there a way to do a wireless sync of the Outlook Calendar/Contacts if you are not on a BES?
    06-22-07 10:06 AM
    I Am New To 8830 When Will The Outlook Synch Software Be Updated So It Is Seamless. Dumb Question Where Are The Steps To Set Up Outlook With My 8830-i Am Not Tied Into An Office Network
    06-24-07 05:44 AM
    I Am New To 8830 When Will The Outlook Synch Software Be Updated So It Is Seamless. Dumb Question Where Are The Steps To Set Up Outlook With My 8830-i Am Not Tied Into An Office Network
    Read your manual and STOP using all CAPS!
    06-24-07 11:53 AM
    No, sorry...

Is there a way to do a wireless sync of the Outlook Calendar/Contacts if you are not on a BES?
    06-25-07 04:57 AM
    I am new to Blackberry and have no clue what BES or any other terminology is! I want to get my outlook from work onto my BB. How can I do this? Dummy terms would would be appreciated!
    Thanks
    06-26-07 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD