Why must I get a message every time I get a voice call, get an e-mail, miss a call? Is there anyway to stop these messages so I can find my real text messages? thank you for any help.
    11-11-07 02:37 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!

I am confused by your question, though. Do you mean you don't like getting the notifications for each voice calls, email, etc? If so, you can edit your Profiles here:

Blackberry Profiles
    11-11-07 07:06 AM
    For phone calls:

Go into your call log, press the menu key, and select Options>Call Logging, you should see "Show These Call Log Types In Message List". Select "None". Save and exit.

Your missed calls and what not will now be just that - no more "Inbox" messages.

I don't know about text notifications yet - just got my 8830 the other day.
    Last edited by YouthInAsia; 11-11-07 at 01:07 PM. Reason: for clarity
    11-11-07 12:59 PM
    I followed your directions for call logging and was unable to see "call logging" option. what version of OS are your running?
    11-11-07 04:43 PM
    I followed your directions for call logging and was unable to see "call logging" option. what version of OS are your running?
    v4.2.2.66
    11-11-07 06:01 PM
    Alright, that did exactly what I wanted it to do! thank you!
    11-11-07 11:22 PM
    ^^^^ Good deal, glad it worked for you. After I posted, I also received my first text message, which showed up in my email Inbox - I had to separate that out too...

...Inbox>Menu key>Options>General Options>Scroll to bottom to "SMS and Email Inboxes"...Separate, Combined, or Theme Controlled. I like "Separate".

Yup, all old news to you veterans, but some of us are just starting hit the crack pipe...

11-14-07 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD