I have noticed this a couple times now -- Outlook Express on my laptop is CLOSED. The I open it up and there are emails there that never got sent to the BB! This morning I found one that was on Outlook Express from last nite. Why would that happen?
    Ramona
    08-01-07 10:41 AM
    Were they 'spam' type emails? I've noticed since the full release of BIS 2.3 that's happened! It's a good thing...

If that's not the case, resend the service books...
    08-01-07 01:23 PM
    Some emails come in, some don't. They aren't spam type. I can get test emails from the same person and some come in and some don't. Ideas? I've had the books resent (Sprint) several times and also re-registered but it's still the same issue. Don't mean to hijack this thread, just to tell Ramona she isn't alone!
    08-01-07 01:42 PM
    Well, I was on with Tech Support for ***3*** hours!! First with Verizon and then with BB in Waterloo.
    They told me the BB site was having server issues for an hour / hour and a half or so ... then supposedly all was fixed.

I JUST turned on my Outlook Express and there was an email from an hour ago from a girlfriend of mine - NOT spam. grrrrr gonna have to call back I guess.

I *hate* that I cant trust that ALL emails come through. As I said - frustrating.
    08-01-07 02:46 PM
    Maybe this will be helpful.
    Was on the phone with RIM again -- and what we are doing is leaving my emails on the server. So Outlook can grab them, and then go to the BB.
    If Outlook Express is CLOSED -- they **should** all go to the BB.

But by leaving them on the server - I should be assured of NOT loosing any.

This is my work email addy I am trying to make all this work. NOT a *BB.net* addy -- just to clarify.

The gal from RIM is gonna call me tomorrow - so we'll see how the day goes.
    Ramona in NH
    08-01-07 04:07 PM
    I don't know if you set up a bb mail account - I didn't. a friend of mine has no issues because she has her main email forwarded to her bb email with a copy kept on her desktop too. I decided to try that and so far I am getting the same emails on both - with the added benefit that the bb is getting the emails about 15 minutes before my desktop (which I read is the case). Maybe try that and see if it works for you. I am working at my desktop with my bb next to me so I can check and so far so good! I hope.
    08-01-07 05:04 PM
    I am having the same problem. Glad to see that it was not something I did , although I feel everyones pain. I will wait till tomorrow and see if it clears up on it's own.
    08-01-07 11:51 PM
    Mine seems to be ok now -- I set Outlook Express to leave msgs on the server and that seems to be ok now.
    The gal from RIM tech support is calling me back this afternoon to make sure its working.
    Ramona
    08-02-07 10:26 AM
    I got my Hotmail and Comcast emails to work but I can't get the vzw.blackberry.net address to work. I called Verizon support and they said the address doesn't show up on my account but I can't have my old address cause it doesn't exist (like it is already in use by someone). I don't understand how it can just disapear off my account. The lady at Verizon didn't understand it either. I tried calling RIM but their main menu confusses me. Do I have to pay for their help? Does any one know how this happened and if it is fixable? I'm lost.............
    08-02-07 10:07 PM
    lonewolf, call your carrier back, and have them connect you to RIM! It's free that way, and the person you initally spoke with, should have offered you that option. They (RIM) can unlock ANY BlackBerry email address...

I had mine disappear from my account once, and RIM resolved it. If not, the email address is 'held' for three months, before it's released for someone else to sign up for it...
    08-03-07 01:47 AM
    Thanks Nav, I will call Verizon back in the morning.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-07 02:02 AM
    hmmm run into same problem.......
    08-09-07 10:10 AM
    I had Hotmail on my 8130 for two months
    and It worked great. All of a sudden it quit working.
    I emailed Microsoft and was told I had to
    have Hotmail Plus in order for it to work again.
    It seems Microsft randomly disables Hotmail on BB
    02-16-08 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD