I'm new to BB. I have a 8830. I just purchased it a couple of weeks ago. I've always used a flip phone till now. I love the 8830 but not very savy about it yet. This is the most helpful site. I've learned so much already. However, I do have another question. I love to go to mtv.com on my browser. There are tv shows that I want to look at on mtv but when I access them there are just written details of the show. When I access them on my computer I'm able to play them. Can I not play any of the shows on my BB 8830? What do I have to do inorder to see the same things on my phone and I do on my computer? I have not purchased a media card yet. Will that make a difference? I have seen on this forum where folks are play movies on their 8830. So, I feel there should be some way to see these shows. Any help would be great. Melissa
    10-11-07 09:49 AM
    Unfortunately you wont be able to view the videos on your 8830. Verizon disables most of the fun stuff so you can view flash videos, Youtube or any other streaming media straight from the BB. You can download certain videos and convert them on your pc and in turn upload them back to the BB to view, but thats about all. Its a drag I know. Sorry.
    10-11-07 09:53 AM
    Yea no streaming videos in the Curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-07 11:03 AM
    There has to be a third Party App for this! I read on a thread earlier that people were watching movies on there curves so why not streaming?
    10-11-07 11:06 AM
    Sadly enough there is nothing you can do about it to my knowledge. What you can do though is go to certain sites for videos that you can DL for a BB. tinytube.net is one of them. its kind of like youtube but you have 2 choices instead. You can dl it to your Media card/phone or you can watch it stream. For those of us with the 8830 on VW the dl option works great.
    10-11-07 12:01 PM
    how do you download it to your media card or phone, when i click the hi or low option on save: i get an error saying the page is too large to view and never get a save option
    10-11-07 01:15 PM
    There has to be a third Party App for this! I read on a thread earlier that people were watching movies on there curves so why not streaming?
    There is no fix or 3rd party app because the device requires a flash player to stream videos.
    10-11-07 01:37 PM
    hey I have the BB curve 8300 and I'm able to watch music videos and other video content directly on my device though the videos aren't streaming as if you were looking at them on your computer but I've been watching a couple different music videos (the entire video) just go directly from your device to blueapple.mobi and put in the search field the video you would like to see and voila!! there it is...so... BerryWhite you were right I just couldn't remember who orginally posted it
    10-11-07 03:47 PM
    hey I have the BB curve 8300 and I'm able to watch music videos and other video content directly on my device though the videos aren't streaming as if you were looking at them on your computer but I've been watching a couple different music videos (the entire video) just go directly from your device to blueapple.mobi and put in the search field the video you would like to see and voila!! there it is...so... BerryWhite you were right I just couldn't remember who orginally posted it
    That links does work nicely cuz pretty much all your doing is downloading the file to your phone and watching it through the BB media player.
    11-17-07 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD