What is up with the limited browsing capabilties of Blackberries? I can't get my 8830 to render certain websites to save its life. I know they surf via RIM's wap proxies, but come on people!!! What gives? I don't remember MS OS based smartphones having this issue. Anyone know if the Moto Q has this issue? I'm really starting to get tired of the limits of these BBs. It's too bad I'm past my 30 day return option.... maybe if I go in the store and ***** enough they'll swap it for a Q. Maybe then I'll be able to use GPS, not to mention watch my Slingbox on it as well. Fraking RIM!
    07-01-07 11:26 AM
    Try setting the Blackberry Browser emulation to Pocket IE. Also you can try opera mini.
    07-01-07 11:46 AM
    I have it set to IE, I've tried each emulation and it doesn't do much. Also, the stupid RIM servers are also limiting the amount of data you can download. Like I tried to download a small 3MB+ WMV and it wouldn't let me. Said the file in question was too big. That's just stupid!
    07-01-07 12:06 PM
    What is up with the limited browsing capabilties of Blackberries? I can't get my 8830 to render certain websites to save its life. I know they surf via RIM's wap proxies, but come on people!!! What gives? I don't remember MS OS based smartphones having this issue. Anyone know if the Moto Q has this issue? I'm really starting to get tired of the limits of these BBs. It's too bad I'm past my 30 day return option.... maybe if I go in the store and ***** enough they'll swap it for a Q. Maybe then I'll be able to use GPS, not to mention watch my Slingbox on it as well. Fraking RIM!
    I find the 8830 does a better job of displaying most web pages than my Motorola Q did, and yes there were pages that would not display on the Q. That said I did install Opera Mini and prefer it for browsing since the BB browser requires too much effort to get to your bookmarks and Opera lets you put them on its start up page.
    07-01-07 02:58 PM
    Forgot to mention there is no autonomous GPS receiver on the Q. Face it Verizon is not going to let any phone do GPS navigation without paying Verizon for the privilege.
    07-01-07 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD