Folks,

I read in these forums about other users complain of having 33MB of memory and at the same time folks being told that 10 MB is extremely low.

I have followed every "reclaim your memory" idea on these forums yet the best I can do is 9.3 MB. That also involves cleaning out BB apps that I don't use like voice dial, password, BB messenger, etc.

Here's my stats -
    8830 on verizon running 4.5.101
    Apps -
    Viigo 3.0.426(33 channels; 25 max articles)
    Facebook 1.2
    Google maps
    BB maps (I like and use both of them!)
    Opera mini 4.2
    Got-2
    2 games - brickbreaker and Brainup
    Pushed content of Fox News and The Street

I've never downloaded a theme so I only have the defaults

I have a 1GB media card and have no pics, mp3, video, etc in the phone memory.

My total Database Sizes is 400.9K with the largest being the phone call log (285/70.9k) Content store (20/76.3K) [What is this anyway??] and finally address book (647/113.3K). And, I clear the event log regularly.

So - For you 8830 users or anyone else - Is there something I'm missing? Some place I'm not looking? Is it possible this is a phone problem?

The best question may be - Why am I worried? I don't lose messages but reading the "low memory" threads has be wondering.
    12-03-08 12:17 PM
    Your 2 big problems is you have both map apps as I do. You have to clear the cache on both occasionally as that eats a lot of your memory. Also, you have Viigo which I also had but deleted as its also a big memory eater.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 12:45 PM
    I have Google Maps, BBMaps, and Garmin Mobile and I have 20M file free with a total database size of 1372k. The Content Store is the device's working storage. 70k is insignificant. Viigo is a well-known memory consumer. Try deleting it and see if your file free increases significantly. Your memory does seem oddly low, given what you've listed.

12-03-08 01:21 PM
    Try a battery pull or the "3 finger salute" (Alt, right shift and DEL key all together, then repeat when white screen comes up). I did not see this mentioned in the thread. This in addition to the browser cache flush brings my 8830 up to about 13M free.
    12-03-08 03:05 PM
    Thanks to all.

Just as an update - I've suspected Viigo was most of the problem. I deleted Viigo and Opera mini and went to 11.6 MB.

So - Viigo is not the problem on my phone.

Any other suggestions? Or, what's your 88xx memory?
    12-03-08 03:51 PM
    I have noticed a gain of several MB of file free after a wipe and reload of the OS. I think that if you've installed and deleted a number of programs, some parts get left behind in areas you can't see and waste space. Since you've tried everything else, make a backup, wipe the OS off the phone, reinstall the OS, reload your 3rd party apps, and restore your backup. You might find it helps. You can use CrackMem to help with all that.

I have 20 337 024 bytes file free.
    12-03-08 04:01 PM
    Mine is at 15370747 Bytes but I just did a reboot this morning.

12-03-08 04:24 PM
    My file total is 47.8 mb and free space is 18.5. Haven't done any reboots or battery pulls. It is what it is
    12-29-08 05:00 PM
    My file total is 47.8 mb and free space is 18.5. Haven't done any reboots or battery pulls. It is what it is
    That's plenty. You won't have any issues with low memory in normal operation.
    12-29-08 05:15 PM
    15293043. Haven't rebooted in about 4 days. I think I finally got this thing stable enough to not worry about the memory leak.

I have deleted quite a bit of stuff like Help, BrickBreaker, extra languages, etc.

I have no extra apps. I have one extra theme. All ringtones on the 2gb memory card.
    12-29-08 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD