Greetings All,

I have been given an 8830 for work, and I have been trying to access my personal website which does not run on port 80 for ISP related issues. I can view the page I made fine from my personal phone, which is a Motorola Q. When I try to view the site from my BB, I get a 403 Access Denied, and the details give me references to Blackberry.Internet.Browsing.service and Squid.

Am I to understand that the BB browser goes through a RIM Squid Proxy server, or is this a Sprint proxy server? And of course, as I hope to move off of the Q when the Bold comes out, I would like to be able to fix this so I don't have the problem with that unit as well.

Any thoughts?
    07-01-08 10:38 AM
    You said it was a work BB right? They might block that remotely from your BES. I know they can disable many things for the BES like 3rd party software and WiFi and GPS, among otherthings. I would check with the IT dept.
    07-01-08 10:50 AM
    LOL! I forgot to mention, I am the IT department. And I know for a fact that we don't. I can't even do over-air activations because our BES isn't updated yet. Sorry, forgot to mention that.
    07-01-08 11:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD