How can I go about finding which sites are compatible with the blackberry browser? or opera? thats an option too correct? I'd hate to get it & find out that most of the sites I'd want to get onto while I was away on trips don't even work.

I'm sure there isn't a master list or anything, but are there certain page types that do & don't work? html? php?

or perhaps pieces of pages that don't work, ie: drop box menues, image types?

I'd really like to know the 8830 we that I'm drooling over will allow me to get onto the websites I would want to have access to.

Thanks for reading!
    04-12-08 04:59 AM
    Your question is too general to get any specific response. I've had my 8830WE for a month, and haven't found any web site that I couldn't use it to browse. But it's a work phone; I don't try to use facebook or myspace or watch videos. That's not to say you can't. I've seen posts here about facebook. I would suggest you go to a store with a working model and check out the site you're interested in before you make a commitment. And of course, you've got a 30-day return window.
    04-12-08 08:59 AM
    For the most part the BB browser will get you the info you want. Opera Mini though is much better and allows you to see most sites as if you were viewing from a desktop. You should make a list of your site and test it for 30 days as JeffH mentioned or I would suggest you buy a laptop for your trips.
    04-12-08 09:16 AM
    Best general rule is with the BB browser, look for wap.xxxxxx.com, www.xxxxx.mobi, mobile.xxxx.com, m.xxx.vom type websites. In Opera Mini, if you select "Moblie View" in options, then any site will work well.
    04-12-08 09:29 AM
    ah cool, and opera mini can do flash pages too?

thanks guys/gals
    04-12-08 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD